Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorplex Tonight

Motorplex Tonight

Going to the 'plex tonight to try my hand at some quarter mile times in the yellow beast...

Will post slips tomorrow.

have fun man!

be interesting to see what times you come up with
    '81 Sigma| Sports Steering Wheel| Rust
    '95 Excel| 2.25" Exhaust with Hot Dog muffler
    '09 GOLF GT TSI 1.4| Leather | Sunroof | Tints

High 12/low 13 traction permitting?

Good luck mate. Pioneer of sorts :p

awww yeeeeaaaah

good luck

Goodluck, try not to bust blow or fry anything on the way , have fun
    ~\\VoLkS//~\\MaN//~

Well I only managed to get 2 runs in coz some guy in a cortina station wagon blew the guts out of his engine.. Oil all over the track.. 2 hour stoppage....

Too bad for him, looked like it was ready to pull a high 19 for sure.

Anyway I screwed it up pretty bad (never been down the strip before) and had huge wheelspin on my first run, and bad bogging down on the second.

Ran 14.1 @ 168km/h (104.04mph).

Pretty crap quarter time, but the terminal speed wasn't too bad.

I gotta learn how to launch this thing. It's a real beyotch.

I got owned off the line by a stock standard Mazda 6.. It took me half the track to catch up with him - but when I caught him I blew past him going about 30-40km/h faster.

Sucks off the line. Or maybe it's me, I can't drive. Pretty depressing.. I also ate the worst hot dog I've ever had in my life. I'm sure I'll be suffering tomorrow.
    Last edited by kryten2001; 15-10-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Pretty good considering it was your first time at the runs, is yours dsg or manual? You should practice on dead roads for good launches, also study your or someone elses dyno graph with similar mods to see where your car reaches peak torque in your rev range, and learn to feather te accelerator when you wheel spin, try not get totally on and off the throttle , an pretty much you will see these times drop pretty fast. Also use wet weather To devlop your experience with wheel spin , learn to feather the pedal rather then transitioning the pedal (on/off).
    Last edited by VOLKSMAN; 15-10-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    ~\\VoLkS//~\\MaN//~

Pirelli's here only came in DSG

yeah definitely learn how to feather the throttle. There was someone here in NSW who has a pirelli with just the flash everything else stock getting 13.6. He mentioned in his thread that launch control made his times slower so just had it in sports mode.

I haven't gone down the 1/4 for warranty issues, but i was able to race a tuned up jap spec s15 from a dig, i won twice by having it in sports mode and flooring it and shifting just before redline. But if i used the launch control method i'm pretty sure i would have lost due to the slight delay as well as too much wheelspin i think.

say no to street racing!

never noticed he owned a pirelli, i suggest to invest in some slicks for runs as pirelli tyres are too dear for such a purpose and then use the launch control (making sure esp's off) , which will cut time of your 60ft mark.
    wheel spin will be somewhat reduced if you just add on experience to your take off's. also try and stick the the darkest rubber patches and burnout trials on the track, which will aid grip. by doing such things will bring out the best time possible with the car your running.
    ~\\VoLkS//~\\MaN//~

Quote Originally Posted by kryten2001 View Post

Ran 14.1 @ 168km/h (104.04mph).
    My first run ever was 14.1 with semis, stock intake and a BF reflash. good to know we get to the end of the track at the same time a 2k launch and feeding the power gradually will help. with a 104mph trap you should get a 13.8 with a good launch. my trap was 98 so I almost had a perfect run.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast