Thread: MkV 2.0 FSI BLR wiring diagram help

Users Country Flag

MkV 2.0 FSI BLR wiring diagram help

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for our MkV 2.0 FSI BLR specifically for the Ignition coil-cam angle sensor-ECU circuit in order to diagnose an ongoing crank but no start problem (see:Vacuum leak help). I've tried searching via google for days and found workshop-manuals.com but I find the navigation extremely difficult and just can't find what I need. Can someone with more experience send me a link to what I'm looking for, either on the above website or somewhere else? Here's the workshop-manuals page for the car:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > Golf Mk5 > Brake systems > Technical data > Brake allocation via PR No.

Also can someone tell me where the cam angle sensor is located on the engine so I can check/test the connector? Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    MkV 2.0 FSI BLR wiring diagram help-fsi-engine-jpg
    I assume this pic looks the same as your engine.
    Cam sensor is just under the vacuum box. You can get to it easily enough, held with a single hex bolt.
    I had a code once, I pulled it and found crap on the end, cleaned it off and no issues for years.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yes same engine layout - thank you. Do you also happen to know where the cam position sensor/ignition coils plug into the ECU? Is the connector near the ECU box under the wiper cover or is somewhere else that I can check without uncovering the ECU itself?