Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK6 Climatronic into MK5

Users Country Flag

MK6 Climatronic into MK5

Just wondering if anyone can tell me why the 16pin to 20pin wire change is needed?
    Thanks
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag
    The wire swap is due to production changes between the two models. It isn't required if you put a MK7 into a MK6. The wire swap is only required if you update a MK5 to a MK6 or MK7 climatronics panel. The MK6 doesn't have the diagnostics like the MK5 or MK7. I first went to the MK6 but now have the MK7 in my R32.
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....
    http://photobucket.com/gregsr32

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Greg, but what is meant to or not meant to happen if you don't do the wire swap?
    I thought I remembered reading somewhere that it had to do with if you don't do it, it will not
    remember the previous setting if the car is shut off and then restarted.
    Last edited by asa572; 10-02-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag
    I think it sets the controller to LHD and forgets settings when turned off. It is a thick and a thin wire in the swap. the connectors are upside down with the Mk6 controller compared to the 5 or 7.
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....
    http://photobucket.com/gregsr32

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by greg32 View Post
    The wire swap is due to production changes between the two models. It isn't required if you put a MK7 into a MK6. The wire swap is only required if you update a MK5 to a MK6 or MK7 climatronics panel. The MK6 doesn't have the diagnostics like the MK5 or MK7. I first went to the MK6 but now have the MK7 in my R32.

Hot damn! I thought you could only go from MK5 to MK6, not up to MK7.

Got a link on the details?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by greg32 View Post
    I think it sets the controller to LHD and forgets settings when turned off. It is a thick and a thin wire in the swap. the connectors are upside down with the Mk6 controller compared to the 5 or 7.
    I fitted the one to my car the other week and didn't do the wire swap and everything works well.
    As for the memory part of it, I found that if you change the setting when the car isn't running (key to accessories) and set it the way you want it
    and then turn the key off and then start the car it remembers that setting.
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Greg, where you find frame for mk7 climatronic panel?
    E0A 1D2 5SL 5RQ 1KP 6FB 1AT 3FE 1N3 1NL H7D 4UF 4R4 3CX 3KD 3QT 4X1 4A3 8L5 J0N 7AA 8GU 8T2 9AK 8RM C3S N1A D93 K8D 1ML 4KF 3S7 4GF 4L6 6PE 7K9 6XL 7T6 8QL 8Q6 8X1 4K3 B44 G07 QN2 3L6 9P1 7X2 7X6 7X9 7E6 9ZU 8WC 8WV 7AL 3GN QG1 7MG L58 F0A 3S7 UG4 2UC

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by asa572 View Post
    Thanks Greg, but what is meant to or not meant to happen if you don't do the wire swap?
    I thought I remembered reading somewhere that it had to do with if you don't do it, it will not
    remember the previous setting if the car is shut off and then restarted.
    Yeah, that's my understanding. Without the pin swap, you would need to set the temperature each time you start the car.
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Users Country Flag
    You must to wire swap because

a) mk5 has ignition and live 12v pins. mk6 has only live 12v and gets ignition via can. thats why 16-20 pins.
    b) If you have econ button you have 2 actuators for recirc. air. Cars with AC-button have only one. You connect them in parallel on econ button car.

The trim part umber...pretty please?
    MY2007 VW MKV TDI 4Motion - 4motion snow fun machine
    MY2018 SEAT LEON MK3 FR 1.8TSI - When You can't afford Cupra

Users Country Flag

Bumping this up, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the specifics of the wire change is? I'm motivated to pull it apart and do it, just to ge the memory function working.

I've been having a browse around and cant find anything and the paper from BoldSport has gone missing.
    MY09 MkV BMP 3dr GTI manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast