Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK6 Climatronic into MK5

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

The memory works without the wire swap.
    Turn the car on to accessories but don't start it, set it the way you want it and then turn it off.
    That should work.
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag
    There are a couple of pictures on the Bold Sport website with the product that show you what needs to happen:

Bold-Sport.com :: Upgrade Climatronic Panel Kit for Jetta/ Golf V

This thread also contains info on the pin swap.

However, as asa572 said, you can make it remember from setting it with the key in the Accessory position on the ignition.
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys. I tried to install a mk7 climatronic on my mk5. Problem is that only the lights are on but the climatronic does not work. Oh and the fans cooling the engine are on at maximum speed. Do I have to make some modifications to the unit or some vcds adaptations? Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks

HI All,

Old thread. To fit the Mk7 Climatronic panel to the Mk5, where do you find the correct surround?
    GTI | MY08 | Blue Graphite | DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenon | RNS510 |

Obviously this is quite old but hopefully someone can help. Is the mk6 climate control a straight swap into a mk5 or are the pin removals required? I've also read up that some other parts are required (canbus upgrade i think was one?). I've currently got an RCD510 in an 07 Jetta with heated seats.

I dropped in the climate control and it worked right away without any issues. The only issue I have is foot cooling seems to only turn on for a few seconds before switching off. All the other functions appear fine.

Also has anyone made their own surround? I was hoping to make one out of my existing one and the bottom bit (climate bit) from an EOS. Or just use the EOS one and hack it down and sand it.

Users Country Flag

Reviving this thread as I'm about to install the Mk3 Scirocco climatronic controls in my Mk5 R32. Will be using the newest Scirocco surround and cutting the top off to fit on a Mk5, might transfer over the top part with fixings from the Mk5 surround if all goes well. Just been trying to get my head around the wiring changes first
    .:Mk5 R32

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12