Support VWWC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK5 TDI rough start issue

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Does anyone have VCDS and would be willing to run a diagnostic scan for cheap? Don't have the funds to shell out for dealer or workshop scanning

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiisons View Post
    Does anyone have VCDS and would be willing to run a diagnostic scan for cheap? Don't have the funds to shell out for dealer or workshop scanning
    If you were in QLD...

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    If you were in QLD...
    I would rather be in QLD as opposed to the **** fight of Sydney.

Users Country Flag
    Have you actually checked the battery?? How old is your battery?? Your symptoms match perfectly with a battery on its way out. These diesels are very sensitive to voltage and put high load on the battery which shows a weak battery earlier. The combo of lower voltage + too slow crank speed = no start speed reached and Ecu prevents engine run.

Users Country Flag
    Also your engine cover is rattling a lot at the end of the video. Check the rubber grommets. ( more a personal annoyance than something to actually be worried about )

Thanks Piper I will see if I can get the battery load tested as soon as possible. There is only one rubber grommet on mine where the 10mm nut is at the back of the engine. Hoping it is something simple as the battery

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Piper I will see if I can get the battery load tested as soon as possible. There is only one rubber grommet on mine where the 10mm nut is at the back of the engine. Hoping it is something simple as the battery
    No grommets in the cover itself?? If not that's why it rattles a lot :p

on the main part there are three. but the grey insert rattles might just use some hot glue on it.

It is not the battery, had it tested at a battery shop and they said it was still fine. Now the car is wobbling under hard acceleration. I think I may have bought someone elses problem.
    Last edited by kaiisons; 25-02-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Users Country Flag

It is not the battery, had it tested at a battery shop and they said it was still fine. Now the car is wobbling under hard acceleration. I think I may have bought someone elses problem.
    How did they test the battery?? Not saying they haven't done it right just I see it quite a lot where aftermarket/ generic battery testers say a battery is fine. Genuine / vas battery tester shows battery is worn or on the verge of wear.

Also what is the rating of your battery??

If you are concerned about starter motor then easily checked with a multimeter.

By wobble under acceleration what exactly do you mean. May have engine mounts wearing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast