Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK5 Pirelli edition: How many where built and how many landed here in oz

Users Country Flag

Talking MK5 Pirelli edition: How many where built and how many landed here in oz

Hi all long time reader but first couple of posts here from me.

So there is a little bit of a back story to this one if you dont want to read it thats fine skip to the next paragraph!! So I purchased a 9n polo gti recently and got rear ended whilst stationary at a red light, 3 days into my ownership and I s far from impressed when NRMA wrote the vehicle off (insured for 8k) so off I went looking for another GTi. I came across a mk5 gti Pirelli Edition, I went up had a look at it and parted with my deposit pending his mechanic getting it on the hoist for me to thoroughly inspect. This got me thinking about a few things. I am absolutely over the moon with my purchase, 1 owner from new all log books over 40k in maintenance receipts. Not the cleanest example in the world but a 100% genuine car, it has never had a panel touched by a panel beater or a ml of paint. Once I'm done cleaning it up I will definitely be showing the old girl off!

A How many of these were produced, now I was told somewhere along the lines of 222 of them where made but I have no idea the breakdown ie colour/gearbox/options there doesn't seem to be many for sale in Aus.

B How many where delivered to Australia? As there seems to be a heap of them over in the UK and a few that have even been written off.

Whos the Local guru I did try the search function but I found pages and pages of tyre threads not quite what I was looking for, I do apologise for the long winded post and if I have done something incorrectly I do apologise please pm me and I can move it to the appropriate area.

Tony

Users Country Flag
    Yellow, silver, dark blue/grey and black are the only colours i have ever seen in the Mk5 GTI Pirelli's. There may be other colours but none i have seen.

It was a very low volume special edition, something like 200 for Australia.

All are DSG, no manual was offered in the Pirelli (which is a bit of a shame).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Yellow, silver, dark blue/grey and black are the only colours i have ever seen in the Mk5 GTI Pirelli's. There may be other colours but none i have seen.

It was a very low volume special edition, something like 200 for Australia.

All are DSG, no manual was offered in the Pirelli (which is a bit of a shame).
    Yes ive just purchased a Yellow one, I have a feeling yellow is quite common.. That's a shame because in the uk they got the manual offered to them, I was told something along the lines of 222 was the total amount.. btw Lucas do you know how to change my settings so I get notified when someone replies to either my comment or b my post? sorry im new to this forum life.

Users Country Flag
    Awesome purchase, congratulations and all the best with the ownership! I have noticed a few are on gumtree for wrecking at the moment, so if you need any Pirelli specific parts it could be a good time to get some. If you want to get notified of replies go the grey bar above the first post in the thread, click thread tools -> Subscribe to this thread and set up the subscription as you desire

Users Country Flag
    400 came to Australia - all DSG. Four colours, two door types and only three factory options, although pretty sure all had rear parking sensors, so really only two options.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Quote Originally Posted by MEL744 View Post
    Awesome purchase, congratulations and all the best with the ownership! I have noticed a few are on gumtree for wrecking at the moment, so if you need any Pirelli specific parts it could be a good time to get some. If you want to get notified of replies go the grey bar above the first post in the thread, click thread tools -> Subscribe to this thread and set up the subscription as you desire
    thank you very much, had no idea how to work this forum. Mine seems to be in pretty decent shape tbh. needs a good detail in and out but overall im happy with the car, its decent on fuel too!

yes I understand 400 came to uastralia but what im looking for is actually the break down of how many of each of the colours came in.

Users Country Flag

MK5 Pirelli edition: How many where built and how many landed here in oz

Quote Originally Posted by 68IOU1 View Post
    yes I understand 400 came to uastralia but what im looking for is actually the break down of how many of each of the colours came in.
    I asked VW Australia that once and they wouldn’t tell me. I'd suggest there were fewer yellow ones and more silver and black, as Australian colour tastes are pretty conservative.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Ive also asked them, from what i can gather less then 50 of them came in a yellow colour. I was just a little curious tbh and vwa are useless

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 68IOU1 View Post
    ...and vwa are useless
    Correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast