Support VWWC

Thread: MK5 Jetta Cluster Upgrade

MK5 Jetta Cluster Upgrade

Hey all,

My first post right here. I’m excited for a little project that I need assistance with, especially from Kamold (referrer did not work for you =[ ). I’ll be posting my original post from Whirlpool that failed to get attention:

“ Hey all,

I try to steer away from making a post unless I’m a bit stuck, which I currently am. I’m interested in swapping out my MK5 low-line cluster (starting to fade intermittently) to a MK6 Golf R cluster.

Reasons to swap: Needle sweep, full display screen, red to white display and the MK5 display screen is fading. There’s an overwhelming amount of information that hinders me from attempting this myself with expired links/photos, overseas items, unclear/excluded instruction, countless immobiliser adaptors, different dashboard housings for fitment, etc. There’s only 1 YouTube video that shows the process of this but they have no idea what equipment they’re showing, tends to skip important steps in the video and says, “Uhhhh”, 50 times. I’ve already started by purchasing a functional OEM MK6 Golf R cluster for $50 and a cluster adaptor for $30. I currently have the new cluster on me if a code is needed for verifying that it works in my MK5 Jetta.

Does anyone know a shop that performs little projects like this? I see many shops that do but they’re in Europe or USA and require your keys and cluster shipped to them... I don’t know if I have the confidence to perform the swap with all of the instructional problems I’ve encountered above unless someone has tackled this without any hassles or has referrals.”

I really appreciate the help below!

Users Country Flag
    Yes I have the tools to do this. If you're in Sydney come see me otherwise you'll need to send me both clusters. Send me a PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yes I have the tools to do this. If you're in Sydney come see me otherwise you'll need to send me both clusters. Send me a PM.
    Hey Kamold, stoked you found this. I unfortunately can not send a message to you. Either your settings are made private or my account is too new.