Thread: MK5 gti pirelli edition dsg issues...

Users Country Flag

Exclamation MK5 gti pirelli edition dsg issues...

Hi all as some of you may be aware ive recently acquired a mk5 pirelli edition, full log books and over 50k in receipts for service work since new.

ive come to a little bit of a problem, that is after driving the vehicle when i go to park and put the car in reverse it wont actually go into gear. There are some noises that occur then i get prnds flashing on the dashboard. Now this can be worked around basically once ive selected reverse if i select drive again wait for it to engage and then select reverse it will work. Or the other option is put it into park turn the car off and on again and all is well.

I have gone to Ramspeed automotive in seven hills nsw as i work in bella vista so its reasonably close, they have told me that it sounds like the clutch pack in it that needs to be replaced.

BUT today my car was booked in at vw castle hill to have a recall done on it, ABS unit?? Which they have confirmed my car is effected and they will need to order the part in, so that means it will be there for another day which is a pain in the ass as they dont have loan cars available for weeks if not months in advance.

VW Castle hill have told me that they "think" its the mechatronic unit that has failed, BUT what really grinds my gears is they arent 100% sure and they would need to open the gearbox up to tell me exactly what is not working correctly. They also told me "it could" also be the entire gearbox that needs to be replaced.. Absolutely ZERO mention of the clutch.

Im sure some of you have had the same issue. ive contacted VWA in regards to trying to get this replaced out of goodwill and the fact they cannot guarantee me after spending 4500$ on a mechatronics that it will be working as it should. So what im thinking is Should I get ramspeed to change the clutch packs at a cost of around 2k drive in drive out or should I chase vw up for something to be covered under warranty, bearing in mind that in china and a few other countries overseas they offer a 10 year warranty but here in Aus we get the short straw..

Ive put the car on a scan tool that i had access to and the code i was given is as follows
    P2711 $07E9
    Unexpected Mechanical Gear Disengagement

Many thanks in advance.

I had similar error codes in my mk5 not long ago... What tool did you use to get those codes? I thibk they are generic error codes and you need to use vcds to get more detailed errors.

Luckily after clearing the codes mine haven't resurfaced but I'm dreading the day when they return as Ill be in the same boat as you and I am unsure what the cheapest option is...

I can help you with a vcds scan if you are desperate but vw should be able to do the same.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sounds like the reverse solenoid playing up. You can buy them from o/s but VW will only do the complete meca unit.
    Widebody Cayman S Turbo, 83 ur Quattro
    2000 996 C4 cab,12 Scirocco R OEM+ STG2+
    72 914 (3.2S boxster pwr), 92 G60 Corrado
    76 Scirocco(TFSI and DSG) 2018 Tiguan,Eureka,81 924.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by adey88 View Post
    I had similar error codes in my mk5 not long ago... What tool did you use to get those codes? I thibk they are generic error codes and you need to use vcds to get more detailed errors.

Luckily after clearing the codes mine haven't resurfaced but I'm dreading the day when they return as Ill be in the same boat as you and I am unsure what the cheapest option is...

I can help you with a vcds scan if you are desperate but vw should be able to do the same.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I haven't got access to a VCDS I don't even know what that is tbh.. where abouts are you located? and when would you be free?

Ive been told it sounds like the clutch and ramspeed did a clutch on a car that threw exactly the same codes a few weeks ago and since then hasn't been a single issue. I will inbox you my number if you can shoot me a txt and ill call you straight back.. Im tony btw.

Aprr32 I spoke to ramspeed they said they can do these if I supply the part obviously...