Support VWWC

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Mk5 Golf/Jetta Problem Registry

My sunroof frequently pops itself open just a little bit.

Users Country Flag
    Recently my oil light started flashing. I checked the oil level and filled it up appropriately. I accidently overfilled it by around 10mm. However the oil light is still continuing to flash. Why is this happening? Btw it is the oil level light not the oil pressure light.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismelba View Post
    My sunroof frequently pops itself open just a little bit.
    Mine has done this probably three times in the life of the car. I have no idea why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2.0TDI Comfortline, Candy White, Sun Roof, Leather, SATNAV, Bluetooth, 6 Speed Manual

Users Country Flag
    Got the PRNDS flash of death and goes into limp mode with no Reverse gear. Only happens after 20+ minutes of driving.
    Did a scan and it showed up dsg solenoids were tripping.
    Had the DMF changed, 2 solenoids, dsg mount and all fluids and filters.

Drove fine for somewhat 2 days then symptoms happened all over again.
    Has anyone else had these symptoms? am i up for a full mechatronics?

I'm currently trawling through the forum to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

Users Country Flag
    Haven't seen anyone else with this, so posting here.
    The Pacific's passenger side mirror glass has separated from its rubber backing.
    I caught it before it separated completely.
    Any clues on the best glue and such, or just spend the 10-30 bucks online for a new one.
    MY09 Golf Candy White 2.0 TDI Pacific
    MY95 Golf III TDI

Users Country Flag
    Beginning of this year, the fuel gauge needle now always shows empty even though I filled up. Got it checked by my local trusty mechanic (not VW out of warranty) and found a faulty fuel pump and sender under the back seat. Quoted $500 + labour so just using the trip meter instead

Users Country Flag
    LED trailer lights flashing:

It appears that Golf Mk V's fitted with factory tow-bar assembly, including a Westfalia trailer light box (hidden next to the RH tail-light), are incompatible with LED trailer lights. CANBUS sees the lower current used by LEDs as a fault and the trailer lights only flash.

A partial fix is to fit resistors, which I have done, to the trailer side. This fixes the stop and turn lights but not the running lights.

WVA does not have an in-car fix. But it has a modifier/resistor box that plugs into the trailer plug, IE, between car and trailer. Costs $355.00, I didn't try this.

A total cure is to fit an LED-compatible Westfalia trailer light box and loom. Australian Westfalia-associated fitters can do this and it will cost $300 for the kit plus fitting. (Although the part is available on-line its $180.00 on its own.)

I was quoted between $85 and $160 by Westfalia for the coding, (If you have a factory towbar, the box itself just plugs in).

The other fix is to retro-fit non-LED lights to whatever you are towing.
    I sourced one for $77.00 from Whitworths.
    There is a thread with more details in the VW Car Audio and Electronics section below.
    Good luck.
    MY09 Golf Candy White 2.0 TDI Pacific
    MY95 Golf III TDI

Users Country Flag

Fuel Pump Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Raybec View Post
    Beginning of this year, the fuel gauge needle now always shows empty even though I filled up. Got it checked by my local trusty mechanic (not VW out of warranty) and found a faulty fuel pump and sender under the back seat. Quoted $500 + labour so just using the trip meter instead
    Mine did that just the other day, although, after stopping at the petrol station for precaution, I switched off the car and then back on. Once I did so the gauge magically fixed itself. Now I am worried I might have early symptoms of your problem. Is there any way at all to prevent it or am I too going to have to bite the bullet soon?

my daughters car also randomly has the sunroof open. mechanic reckons something in the control module goes a little wonky. this forum post reckons it is the sunroof switch.

2019 Golf R | 2018 Tiguan 162TSI | 2007 Golf GTI | 2007 Eos 147TSI
    1976 VW Beetle - BE
    2016 Skoda Octavia RS[RIP] | 2011 Tiguan 125TSI [RIP] | 2001 Golf GTI [Sold]
    2000 Beetle 2.0 [Sold] | + Various Beetles

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233