Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Mk5 Golf/Jetta Problem Registry

Users Country Flag

2008 GTI - ABS system crapped itself. ABS module $1800 to replace and code, then the pump needs replacing - $2950 to replace and code. Trying to find a second hand pump as I can't afford $3k right now...

See my thread here: Big problems - warning lights galore...
    Last edited by Flying Ace; 14-09-2013 at 02:45 PM.

2005 GTI - Had a coil pack go, got them all replaced by VW as part of the recall. The cruise control sometimes switches itself off and won't come back on unless the car is restarted.

Users Country Flag
    My Jetta has just developed a rather nasty case of what we think is clutch shudder, I thought I felt it shudder last night but talked myself out of it, my wife called me in a huff this morning telling me the car is shaking when trying to take off. Left work early and took it to the boys at Canberra vw centre but they sent me to TTBS in tuggeranong, they are going to take a look and resets or factory reset the dsg or something, he says it has helped these issues in the past.... I'm not holding my breath.. I'm thinking more than likely a new clutch pack etc... My happy bubble with car has burst...

curious if anyone has any information on why my windscreen and windows fog up a lot when it rains... MK5 Jetta 2007 with sunroof. have also run a power cable to the boot to run an amp.

-- Drive like a fat girl on Facebook... Get those angles right and know your sweet spots! --

not happy Jan

2006 MKV Jetta 2.0TFSi - Stage 2+

Check engine light comes on driving home on monash freeway - thursday - followed by loss of power, surging...got off the freeway and left the car off for a while thinking it may be electrical ... no dice.

Crawl to dealer and VAGCOM says its a fuel pressure issue...

Inspection shows fuel bucket (only 20000 old) worn right through and damage to the cam lobe and my HPFP...all needing replacement. Expensive.

Might be the excuse I need to get the K04 put in.
    MY06 Jetta 2.0TFSi

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to hear.
    This is no consulation at this point in time, but it's recommended to replace (at least inspect) the cam follower every 15K or so, when running the upgraded HPFP.

Fixxxer
    Lapiz Blue DSG Golf 7R

06/07 GTI, with this broken plastic tab rattles inside front passenger seat belt stalk...
    Mk5 Golf/Jetta Problem Registry-img_9715m-jpg
    Mk5 Golf/Jetta Problem Registry-img_9716mc-jpg

Users Country Flag
    mk5 gti pirelli, raspy "gravel in a can" sound under accel and at speed when revs are up a bit, sounds top end or turbo, taking it to someone soon to get it seen, anyone had a similar thing with theirs albeit the pirelli has a few different bits to the gti but any idea appreciated :p (does not seem to be anything to do with the DSG or exhaust

Users Country Flag
    07 golf TDI comfortline with Climatic (ghetto) temp system.

I Can't switch between hot and cold output on the temp dial. I've left it on Cold, 18c for months, worried that if I move the dial it will get stuck on hot again. Seems like the temp is managed by a cable & not electronically. Could this be an issue with the temperature control unit, (= a simple swap) or something deeper?

The fan speed control works fine by the way & both systems work very well when either is stuck on!

central coast. Lake Macquarie. (Not Port Macquarie.)

MY07 Complete blinker stalk replacement , $375 from steeler. Had plenty in stock so suspect plenty happening???
    No righthand blinkers would work but when you tried the right blinkers the left would flash , no issue with left though.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast