Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Mk5 Golf/Jetta Problem Registry

Users Country Flag

Air con pressure sensor failure. Gas then went. No more cold air

08 GTI my09.

$525 incl labour, re-gas and part (stealership price). Less than 6 months out of warranty. Bummer.
    Gone: 2009 MkV GTI DSG United Grey; 2005 MkV Comfortline

Current Rides: 2020 Mk7.5 GTI Performance ; 2013 MY14 V6 Touareg 180TDI

Over the last 6 months had a few issues with our MkV Jetta (2L Turbo, DSG). 2007 model, driven infrequently, not even 30,000kms.

- DSG crunches now and then on shift from 3rd back to 2nd. Reported at last service (July) but still doing it after they did a DSG reset. I think I need to push them harder to look at this ...
    - Tuck tuck tuck noise from under dash now and then - reading some posts seems to be an AC vent motor? It is just noisy or is it due to fail soon?

Under extended warranty until June next year (2013).
    07 Jetta TFSI | 18" Charlestons | Blue Graphite

Users Country Flag
    Driving Sydney to Brisbane in one go, around half-way when, after accelerating hard to over-take a bunch of slow-moving cars and immediately driving over some joggly tarmac, a bunch of warning lights came on, the red exclamation mark plus ABS warning and brake warning to go with cruise control and headlights on, must have been the Xmas effect.
    Car about 1,000 km since last service.
    I slowed down and tapped the brakes which must have confused the cars I just passed, but no change. So, around Tamworth, I pulled over, checked the brake fluid and RTFM, which says that particular cluster of warning lights indicated that the ABS may be U/S. Left the car locked to cool down for a few minutes, and on re-start it was all clear. No further issues, home in one piece.

I am putting it down to computer error, and taking no further action. Any other views would be welcome. Car is under extended warranty.
    MY09 Golf Candy White 2.0 TDI Pacific
    MY95 Golf III TDI

Users Country Flag
    Report it. Worst case scenario it was a loose connection somewhere. Better to have this documented while you are under warranty in case it fails outside of warranty.
    Graphite Blue TDI| DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenons | Custom LED inner tails | Black Forest TAI | OSIR Pod & New South Boost Gauge | Bluefin | Projector Fogs | RNS510 | Skoda Bluetooth | Eibach Pro kit Springs| Full LED interior|US GLI paddle shift MFSW|Carbon Vinyl wrapped trims|Colour Coded Votex Body Kit|

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Report it. Worst case scenario it was a loose connection somewhere. Better to have this documented while you are under warranty in case it fails outside of warranty.
    Buckets, thanks for that, I agree with the logic.
    I will call the dealers, as we have had everything done at the one place it should be easy to add it to the car's history.
    MY95 Golf III TDI

Users Country Flag
    So I rang and the dealers booked it in.
    Nothing came up except the fault history, so maybe a temporary voltage drop, but its logged for peace of mind.
    MY95 Golf III TDI

Users Country Flag
    got the following error light (left on the RPM dial) coming up on my 2008 Mk5 Golf GT TDI (pictured borrowed from the web).

manual seems to suggest diesel particulate filter issues?
    2008 Mk5 Golf GT TDI DSG
    2012 Mk6 Golf R DSG

Mk5 Golf/Jetta Problem Registry

If you can get the car scanned it'll tell you exactly what it is.

Mine recently did this and the pcv system had an issue first and then I've also replaced the charcoal canister (forgive me if these parts aren't in the Diesel engines - mines 2.0tfsi)
    Platinum Grey mkV Jetta turbo, Viezu motorsport map, GT-CX 18", lowering to come

I'm posting on behalf of my Brother.
    His GTI experienced problems today. He has 80k on the clock and today when he would come to a stop the cars revs would fluctuate from just under 1000 to 3000 rpms on it's own. Every time he would stop it happened. When he got home in his garage and turned the ignition off and teh engine spluttered and splurted for a couple of seconds even though the keys were out of the ignition.
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

My 12.5 Polo GTI Candy White ( when all the oil has been cleaned off the hatch )

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daft009 View Post
    got the following error light (left on the RPM dial) coming up on my 2008 Mk5 Golf GT TDI (pictured borrowed from the web).

http://i39.tinypic.com/2dr7y87.jpg

manual seems to suggest diesel particulate filter issues?
    turned out to be a differential pressure sensor in the exhaust system that needed changing. $300 but was all covered under the allianz extended warranty (parts & labour)
    2008 Mk5 Golf GT TDI DSG
    2012 Mk6 Golf R DSG

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast