Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk5 Golf/Jetta Problem Registry

Quote Originally Posted by flu!d View Post
    Information just came through to dealerships regarding the red LED on the door staying on 'and' starting issues on BKD engined Golf's and Jetta's with certain PCM's.

So take your vehicle to your dealer and in the friendly and approachable manner that you always approach your dealer in (basically, the way you would expect to be treated in your line of work from day to day) 'ask' them about peforming the software updates to rectify your issue 'if' it meats the criteria (not all BKD engined Golf's or Jettas have the same PCM).
    thank you for that update. I will give them a ring next week to find out when they expect module to arrive and ask them about software update
    GOLF V 2.0 TDI COMFORTLINE
    SAY NO TO INTERNET FILTER http://www.getup.org.au/ http://nocleanfeed.com/

Just got a notice regarding having to bring GTi in for a software upgrade for Engine Control Unit. Anyone know what this is about?

Users Country Flag
    See other threads in the MKV forum denilu!

And g'day from me!
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Smile Complaints about VWs

Talk about a mob whingers.... Try a new Omega Commodore then youll have something to whinge & complain about. My wifes company dunnydore has been back to Holden for 28 days now for a toilet roll long list of serious things. e.g. boot jumping open when cornering, Wont start when hot.on and on. Here you lot complain about a bit of a rattle. & the locking light checking itself.. Give me a break....... Bazz lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzamon View Post
    Talk about a mob whingers.... Try a new Omega Commodore then youll have something to whinge & complain about. My wifes company dunnydore has been back to Holden for 28 days now for a toilet roll long list of serious things. e.g. boot jumping open when cornering, Wont start when hot.on and on. Here you lot complain about a bit of a rattle. & the locking light checking itself.. Give me a break....... Bazz lol
    Thats why I don't take much notice of the reliability surveys, which put the golf way down the list for warranty claims.
    Many people on the forum have had issues, and expect them to be fixed - we buy a premium product and expect it to be 100%. But the problems are mostly fairly minor.

Other makes (especially locally made) have a lot more major issues - engines getting pulled out of commodores due to leaking seals, replacing gearboxes, brake problems on the current falcon etc.

The good thing with this forum is knowing what those common problems are so we can address it with the dealer easily - knowledge is power

Keep up the posts, even on those niggling problems.
    07 Golf GTI 3 door, Tornado red, 6 speed Manual
    Red may be the devils colour, but this car is pure heaven

Information just came through to dealerships regarding the red LED on the door staying on 'and' starting issues on BKD engined Golf's and Jetta's with certain PCM's.

So take your vehicle to your dealer and in the friendly and approachable manner that you always approach your dealer in (basically, the way you would expect to be treated in your line of work from day to day) 'ask' them about peforming the software updates to rectify your issue 'if' it meats the criteria (not all BKD engined Golf's or Jettas have the same PCM).
    What exactly is the problem with the LED? I have the same thing and my dealer plays dumb whenever I tell them about it. If I went to the armed with a little more info, it may change their tune.

The LED stayed on for me on a short trip the w/end. When I arrived I got out and locked car as per normal. It then worked fine. I had the ECU software upgrade done two days earlier and hadn't had LED prob before then. Haven't had it since w/end either. Hoping it was a once off thing!

Hi Denilu,

Did you have any starting problems with your car? (just wondering why you had a ECU upgrade) I PM'd flu!d but haven't heard back yet.

Just wondering how long ago you were contacted about the ECU upgrade.

thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by sTeeDi View Post
    Hi Denilu,

Did you have any starting problems with your car? (just wondering why you had a ECU upgrade) I PM'd flu!d but haven't heard back yet.

Just wondering how long ago you were contacted about the ECU upgrade.

thanks....
    Hi mate

I had the ECU upgrade done because I rec'd letter asking me to have it done. I had no probs starting car at all.

I am taking mine tomorrow for replacement of a module in regards to LED light staying on
    GOLF V 2.0 TDI COMFORTLINE
    SAY NO TO INTERNET FILTER http://www.getup.org.au/ http://nocleanfeed.com/

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast