Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk5 Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Aircooled_TDi View Post
    (puts his hand up)
    ... yup, that's me - twice, amongst other incidents...
    bugger, not good - kinda kills your insurance rating.

BTW: The replaceable skins, is that for the Jetta as well - for panels that aren't the same as the Golf?
    Sep 09 PassatWagon|SilverLeaf|2.0 TDi 125Kw|DSG|17" Rims|Leather Heated Seats|Soon to be RNS-510, MDI, Skoda BT, Reverse Camera, Viper Alarm, Bluefin

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I like that the stereo lowers volume at standstill and rear wiper come on when auto wipers are activated and you put the car in reverse.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

these are a few of my favourite things

In The Sound of Music Julie Andrews ran about on a mountain and sang of her favourite things... well, replace running about a mountain with driving on mountain roads, and replace Ms Andrews singing with the warble of a 2.0 TFSI and you've discovered a few of my favourite things

1) Torque, torque and more torque (APR helps a little in this department but even stock the torque is adictive!).
    2) DSG. Auto was a must for me due to the wife. Would I go for DSG if I didn't have to? I'm not sure, but no auto has ever made me consider sticking with Autos in the future like DSG has (and in the Jetta TFSI there is no choice anyway).
    3) Rear parking sensors (standard on the Jetta). Thought they'd be wank, can't believe how useful they are. Now I just need to remind myself to look more when driving my other car that is sensor free.
    4) Quality. Yeah I had to get a few rattles sorted like (just about) everyone else but this car is just so well built and designed. It feels much more "special" than anything else in the class, and really does look more expensive. Real LED tail lights anyone?
    5) Grip. The Jetta TFSI "only" runs on sportline suspension, but add 18" to the mix with excellent Bridgeston Potenza RE050A and it stick like the proverbial to the blanket.
    6) Looks/stealth/class. There's a reason they use the Graphite Blue, TFSI, 18" Charleston clad Jetta in the brochure, it's a thing of restrained class and beauty.
    7) And finally, as boring as it sounds, practicality. Weekday cruiser/shopping cart that can fit car seats, has four doors and a boot larger than Commodore or Falcon. What more can I say?!

Love it, drive it.

Cheers,
    tofo17
    Scirocco R | DSG | 19" Talladegas | Viper Green
    MkVI Golf 118TSI | 6spd Man | 17" Classixs | APR Stage I
    MkV Jetta 2.0 TFSI | DSG | 18" Charlestons | APR Stage II

Users Country Flag
    Looks
    DUAL CLIMATE A/C - I LOVE IT... NO COMPLAINING ANYMORE
    Stereo -10 spks amazing surround
    Queit 2.0 FSI
    SUSPENSION fantastic, sportline
    Very Grippppy
    Window wipers that slow when you stop, i hate wipers.
    Size variable cupholders
    Auto reversing wipers
    6 speed manual
    Ride Quality
    6 Airbags
    ABS is fun
    Traction can be turned off... unlike my holden astra
    <9L/100 with me, a 20 y.o driving

Sorry, couldn't resist.....

have you heard an R32??????

Nuf said

Blue MkV R32 3Dr, DSG, Sebring box & 2.5" stainless, BMC CDA CIA + 3.5" stainless, 18" O.Z. Ultraleggeras, H&R springs, carbon rear valance

Heated leather seats keeps the old bones in the back & bum nice and warm - very nice on the cold mornings...
    Sep 09 PassatWagon|SilverLeaf|2.0 TDi 125Kw|DSG|17" Rims|Leather Heated Seats|Soon to be RNS-510, MDI, Skoda BT, Reverse Camera, Viper Alarm, Bluefin

Users Country Flag

Too many to list ....

.... but the go home lights, leather with heated seats (not keen at first), access to boot from back seat. Hook in the boot for the shopping bag ...should be more than one, auto opening and closing of all 4 windows, economy (keen to try & get 1000 klm from the 55l tank), under seat storage trays (clever use of space), awesome brakes, but best of all? the growl from the turbo when the foot goes down.... and I always want to take the long way home. The more I drive it the more I love it.
    MY07 TDi DSG beige leather bi-xenons & 3M car bra

The comfort on long drives, after 5hrs no back aches or fatigue

2008 GTI 6 spd 5 dr Sunroof in eight days now!

I like it for the styling, the fact that it does not have bonnet scoops, that front grill, the expandability, and the fact that I cannot find too many bad things about it over the web.

I hate .. that I have to wait for eight more days to experience the whole package!

If delivery date gets pushed back again .. I am gonna spit!

Waiting for the 18th March to roll around .. am inspecting it on the 17th just to ensure that if anything is wrong that they have a day to fix it!

Phil

Users Country Flag

I just bought an 18 month old MkV R32 and it's bloody amazing! Where do I start...

1. The sound! OMG!
    2. The power from anywhere in the rev range.
    3. Soooo comfortable! I love the electric lumber support.
    4. The instruments (especially at night!)
    5. The fact that when driving sedately the car is very civilised!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast