Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirror Dip on Reverse

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Interesting, so it seems as though that early mk5s need the memory seats but later ones just needed the sensors...

Quote Originally Posted by sebas_thefish View Post
    Found this in the Australian Jetta brochure, however it is for the 2009 models...
    Out of general curiosity, would you have a link to the brochure, wouldn't mind having a read of it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL744 View Post
    Interesting, so it seems as though that early mk5s need the memory seats but later ones just needed the sensors...
    Out of general curiosity, would you have a link to the brochure, wouldn't mind having a read of it.
    Jetta brochure - Volkswagen Australia

There seems to be a difference between the mirrors of the Golf and Jetta, the Mk5 Golfs have a different mirror with memory module integrated however maybe the early Jettas didn't and relied on the electric seat memory module whereas the later models adopted the memory module integrated into the mirror
    Last edited by sebas_thefish; 05-11-2019 at 09:24 PM.
    .:Mk5 R32

Hi,

I've just come across some posts talking about having the mirror dip on reverse in the MK5. The ability to activate this option seems to depend on the equipment fitted, and from what I can tell in US spec mk5s you need to have Seat Memory fitted, but apparently for Australian spec cars it will work with Reverse Parking sensors (which I have). Couldn't find any instructions on where to go from there, so I just checked the mirror dip checkbox in the central convenience module on VCDS. There is a message saying the control module is uninitialised, so I clicked Yes to fill the module with default values, and the coding is accepted, however the mirror does not dip (have tried with the switch in the O and L positions). Anyone activated this on their cars?

Cheers,
    Michael
    My July 2006 built Jetta (delivered in oct 2006) has the mirror dip on the LHD mirror. It works perfectly although occasionally needs to be adjusted but I think this is because the wife forgets to turn the switch back from L to O and adjusts it because it's angled down.

Note mine was delivered with only metallic paint as an option. It's a 1KM diesel with the BKD engine.

I hope this helps.
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by sebas_thefish View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BeigeJet View Post
    My July 2006 built Jetta (delivered in oct 2006) has the mirror dip on the LHD mirror. It works perfectly although occasionally needs to be adjusted but I think this is because the wife forgets to turn the switch back from L to O and adjusts it because it's angled down.

Note mine was delivered with only metallic paint as an option. It's a 1KM diesel with the BKD engine.

I hope this helps.
    Very interesting, thanks for replying! So it just has the cloth seats? Mine is an April build, going to have to look into this further I think.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BeigeJet View Post

I hope this helps.
    No leather seats? This is getting odd...

Thanks!

So it just has the cloth seats?.
    Yes just cloth seats,
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    My MY08 Golf GT has parking sensors, but no mirror dip (that I can make work)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdManFJ View Post
    My MY08 Golf GT has parking sensors, but no mirror dip (that I can make work)
    Is the option present in your MFD? See above for how to physically check if it'll work on your car.Mirror Dip on Reverse

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

This is interesting, i have a 2009 Pacific TDI leather seats and rear parking sensors. I do not have mirror dip.
    There is no option in the MFD to enable mirror dip. I would like it.

Am i missing something?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by epidemic View Post
    This is interesting, i have a 2009 Pacific TDI leather seats and rear parking sensors. I do not have mirror dip.
    There is no option in the MFD to enable mirror dip. I would like it.

Am i missing something?
    May need to be activated with VCDS. Check your passenger mirror to see if it's physically possible first.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast