Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirror Dip on Reverse

Users Country Flag

Mirror Dip on Reverse

Hi,

I've just come across some posts talking about having the mirror dip on reverse in the MK5. The ability to activate this option seems to depend on the equipment fitted, and from what I can tell in US spec mk5s you need to have Seat Memory fitted, but apparently for Australian spec cars it will work with Reverse Parking sensors (which I have). Couldn't find any instructions on where to go from there, so I just checked the mirror dip checkbox in the central convenience module on VCDS. There is a message saying the control module is uninitialised, so I clicked Yes to fill the module with default values, and the coding is accepted, however the mirror does not dip (have tried with the switch in the O and L positions). Anyone activated this on their cars?

Cheers,
    Michael

Users Country Flag
    Mirror dip requires memory seats. That is where the position data for the mirror motors is stored.
    Parking sensors have nothing to do with it.
    The only other alternative is to install a Polar FIS which can emulate this function, but it's time based (ie move motor down .3sec, in .2sec or whatever so tends to creep it's position over time.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    My Pirelli edition has mirror dip, but no memory seats - although they are electrically adjustable. If memory serves (sorry, car is in storage), you need to have the mirror adjust selector clicked across to the left mirror for it to work.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag
    The passenger mirror is physically different, needs to have the mirror memory motor installed. On Australian cars this should've been installed as part of the factory parking sensors and enabled by default. Just need to put the mirror switch in L when you reverse and it should dip. Make sure the option is enabled in the MFD too.

In the original Mk5 sales brochures it even states that the mirror dip function is part of the parking sensors option pack.
    .:Mk5 R32

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Interesting, moving the switch to the left doesn't change anything, maybe my car does not have factory parking sensors - how can you tell? Also it is a 2006 Jetta with a midline cluster, so no way to enable through the MFD. Would the parking sensor option be specified on the sticker in the boot? Went on an options decoder and got the following back:

X8C = National sales program Australia
    CM5 = Alloy wheels 6.5J x 16
    G0K = 6-speed manual transmission
    HH7 = Tires 205/55 R16 91V
    J1D = Battery 380 A (72 Ah)
    K8B = Notchback
    4UE = Air bag for driver and front seat passenger
    D2Z = 4-cyl. gasoline engine 2.0 L/110 kW 16V fuel-stratified injection, homogeneous base engine is T58
    U5G = Instrument insert, display in km/h for Australia
    1ZE = Disc brakes, front (Geomet D)
    V0A = Tires w/o specification of tire brand
    0A2 = 4 doors
    1AT = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
    1G2 = Steel spare wheel with original equipment tires
    2ZB = Leather multi-function steering wheel
    2JC = Comfort bumpers
    5RV = Right exterior mirror: aspherical
    7K6 = Flat tire indicator
    2WA = Without additional tires
    5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
    0HM = Vehicle class differentiation -1KM- Build status corresponds to production in Mexico
    4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
    0GG = Emission standard EU4
    3L3 = Manual height adjustment for front seats
    3Q6 = Three rear headrests
    QG1 = Service interval prolongation
    3YR = Door pockets with insert mats
    4A0 = Without seat heater
    8BK = Twin headlight for driving on the left, with integrated high beam
    L07 = Suspension range 07 installation control only, no requirement forecast
    G57 = Front shock absorption
    8YL = Radio with CD player
    B0R = Component parts set, complying with vehicle type for Australia, various parts
    1N3 = Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)
    3FA = Without roof insert (standard roof)
    4K3 = Radio remote controlled central locking operated from inside and safe securing
    4R4 = Power windows with comfort operation andcircuit breaker
    8Y1 = Two-tone horn
    8ZH = Antenna for AM/FM reception, "diversity"
    9AK = Climatronic with impact pressure control free of cfc

Users Country Flag
    Rear parking sensors were standard on all Jettas at that time so yours should definitely be factory fitted.

Found this in the Australian Jetta brochure, however it is for the 2009 models...perhaps the mirror dip functionality was only added later in a model year update as this brochure also states front parking sensors are standard too.
    Mirror Dip on Reverse-annotation-2019-11-04-220200-jpg

One thing I can suggest is that if you want to check if you physically have the correct type of mirror capable of dipping is to pop the glass off it and examine the electrical connector which plugs into the glass adjuster. If it's a green plug with 7 wires in it then it's capable, if it's not and only has about 3 wires then it's not capable.
    Last edited by sebas_thefish; 04-11-2019 at 10:09 PM. Reason: New info

Users Country Flag
    Can confirm no auto mirror dip on the Jetta without leather electric seats, on the 2006 version. At least you can adjust both mirrors at the same time.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    My Pirelli edition has mirror dip, but no memory seats - although they are electrically adjustable. If memory serves (sorry, car is in storage), you need to have the mirror adjust selector clicked across to the left mirror for it to work.
    I presume you have the factory parking sensors?

Users Country Flag
    Yep. Had 2 of these cars with different trim levels, (FSI auto/cloth vs TFSI DSG/sunroof/xenon/cloth) but both factory parking (they all have this) and both cloth seats = no auto dip.
    MK4 had the same issue, had to be electric auto seats, I was hopeful the MK5 had it standard, was disappointed.

Another feature I have not seen in AUS Jettas is auto parking, this was an option elsewhere I believe.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sebas_thefish View Post
    I presume you have the factory parking sensors?
    Yes. Although it was listed as an option, all Australian delivered Pirelli Editions had them fitted.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast