Thread: Jetta Windswcreen Wiperblades

Users Country Flag

Jetta Windswcreen Wiperblades

Anyone know where I can get replacement windscreen wiper blades to fit my 2010 Jetta, cheaper than $140 the pair at my
    VW Dealer /Workshop?

Try Bosch auto shop online. About $60 a set.
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Surely your VW dealer can supply just the rubber inserts!

My local (SE Melbourne) sells the inserts for about $45 pair including two replacement end clips and I just carefully unclip one end and slide out the old and in the new and put the new clip on.

I hope you can get some at a decent price then!
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Inserts were $12ea at the old dealership I was at.

Tiguan, and Later 3C Passats had non-replacable inserts in them. You had to replace the whole blade at $80 a side.

Not sure wheather the later 1K Jettas had replaceable inserts like the Golfs did.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I bought mine (MKV R32) from here:
    https://www.wipertech.com.au

Quick delivery..... perfect fit.

Users Country Flag
    +2 for wipertech. Used a few times now on various cars, seamless and reasonably priced. Have bought from them via Ebay.
    Gone: 2009 MkV GTI DSG United Grey; 2005 MkV Comfortline

Current Rides: 2020 Mk7.5 GTI Performance ; 2013 MY14 V6 Touareg 180TDI

Get a set of Tridon steel back blades in the narrow style. They're about $14 at Supercheap. Throw away the steel and keep the rubber. Work off one end of the original blade with a small screwdriver. (you will need to look where to place the screwdriver as there's a small retaining clip) Once the end is off, remove the old blade, replace with the new, cut to length and clip the end retainer back on. I did this recently to an 06 Jetta and they work as good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Inserts were $12ea at the old dealership I was at.
    In July last year I paid $21 for a pair of just the rubbers through VW. You need to work carefully, making sure they are secured at the end otherwise, I was told, they will come out.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag
    I've bought Bosch Aero via ebay UK seller for ~$50
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

central coast. Lake Macquarie. (Not Port Macquarie.)

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Get a set of Tridon steel back blades in the narrow style. They're about $14 at Supercheap. Throw away the steel and keep the rubber. Work off one end of the original blade with a small screwdriver. (you will need to look where to place the screwdriver as there's a small retaining clip) Once the end is off, remove the old blade, replace with the new, cut to length and clip the end retainer back on. I did this recently to an 06 Jetta and they work as good as new.
    Well after 9 years was time to replace blades , got stung by VW after 12 months of ownership and charging $50 each.
    No luck at Supacheap unless I paid the $39 each for full curved blade , went over the road to Auto barn and they had just the blade incert
    similar to the old one , just a little thicker at top , took a bit of careful coaxing but got it on nicely , simple procedure , now works a treat
    and only $10 a blade.