Thread: Jetta 125 tdi brake pads / brake upgrade

Users Country Flag

Jetta 125 tdi brake pads / brake upgrade

Hi i've got a 2010 MKV Jetta 125 TDi and i need to replace the front pads soon as they are squealing (52,000km) and want to know what type of pads are suggested for this car?

Which size/model pads suit the brakes of this car, does anyone know?

Any recommended brake pads?

Thanks
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

Hi Doridori,

I have the same car also and am interested in this topic.

My car has this code on the compliance plate: 1ZA - Which I understand is code for: Disc Brakes Front

I am wondering if the standard front brakes on a current 118tsi Passat are the same size or larger??

If any one has info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    If you're going to change, get the ATE low dust pads. I have them in my R32 brake setup and they stop as well as the normal dirty/dusty ones, but my car gets dirty before the wheels do, even if it hasn't rained.

My car looks odd and the back wheels are always dirty and the fronts aren't!

Just cause they squeal don't mean they need replacing - mine squealed from new and I replaced simply because it drove me nuts!!!
    I've since replaced mine with ceramic pads - no squeal and no brake dust what so ever.
    2007 Black Magic VW Golf GT TDi, Latte Leather, Sunroof, Bluefin Superchip, 18" Detroits, APR lower torque arm insert, APR Carbon Fibre Cold Air Intake system, GTi sideskirts & front lip, R32 Rear Bar, GTi Steering wheel, RNS-510,Infinity BassLink Subwoofer,stubby antenna, R8 Oil Cap, Golf R front calipers, slotted front rotors, ceramic brake pads, LITEC LED tail-lights, Dension Gateway Five, Rear Emblem Reverse Camera, H&R Ultralow coil-overs, Badge-less front grille

Users Country Flag
    If it's just the squealing, put some of the anti squeal paste on the back of them and slot them back in.

Are you able to post a pic of how much meat is left on the pad?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    hi all, sorry just resurrecting my own thread from the grave yard but i need brakes again! (car at 108k)

last time i just went with OEM replacement pads and discs but this time i want to go aftermarket as i don't get my car serviced at the dealer anymore.

Looking at getting at some DBA rotors but putting my vehicle information into the website doesn't seem to show consistent results.

Does anyone know the disc size of the front brake discs of a 2010 jetta 125 tdi highline or know how i can find out short of measuring it?

thanks
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

Users Country Flag
    DBA rotors with Bendix Euro+ pads is a good combo, less dust than original OEM but still great pedal feel.
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah thinking on the DBA rotors but i can't for the life of me figure out which brake model/size i would need?

The DBA website is really inconsistent and showing me multiple disc sizes but i think mine are 312mm?

What price should i be looking at for a pair of front discs?

Thanks
    2010 Jetta 125TDi DSG
    1994 Golf VR6 Manual

Users Country Flag
    When I was looking for replacements for my dad's Golf, SuperCheapAuto parts website was a great help, had the part numbers as well as dimensions for rotors, here is the link, hopefully will help you as well.

Supercheap Auto Parts Guide - Spare Parts Vehicle Selector - Supercheap Auto Australia

Bendix (if you go for it) has a catalogue search for specific cars on their website. It says that the 77TDI Jetta has 280mm rotors, yours could easily be bigger.

I think I paid just under $400 for 4 rotors and Bendix Euro+ pads on all four corners. Shop around for better prices. If you are in Sydney, Pep's Auto Spares is there I got them from. They should be able to provide info which sizes and what is suitable. To me they seem very knowledgeable. So far heaps less of break dust on alloys, staying clean for longer than original VW

See how you go

Regards
    Last edited by dinot81; 17-12-2015 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Additional info
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by doridori View Post
    Yeah thinking on the DBA rotors but i can't for the life of me figure out which brake model/size i would need?

The DBA website is really inconsistent and showing me multiple disc sizes but i think mine are 312mm?

What price should i be looking at for a pair of front discs?

Thanks
    Call GSL Rallysport/Brakes Direct and let them do the hard work.

Gavin