Thread: Info needed

Info needed

Hi guys,

Finally got the Jetta back from the panelebeaters after 7 weeks, so glad to be back in it after 7 weeks in a Toyota!

I didn't get to inspect the car when I got it back as it was dropped back at my office and I was busy doing a stocktake so I've been inspecting the car today. I have a few issues to take up with them but one minor thing that doesn't look right is the plastic surrounds for the Isofix fittings in the rear seat. Mt recollection is that they were fitted in tightly originally but now they flop around loosely. Also the word Isofix is upside down and at the top of the surround whereas I think it was right way up at the bottom. I suspect that they have fitted these upside down and this is probably why they are loose. Would someone with a MkV please confirm which way up these surrounds go?

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    by the looks of it they've fitted it incorrectly, mine have the "isofix" wording on the bottom (On the seat part)..... They are also in fairly tight..... plus from those photos you can kind of see the outline of where the anchors should have gone...

BTW not sure if they might differ from golfs to Jettas.....

Hi George, mine is an 05, there is no wrighting on mine but this is how they look.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

hope that helps

Phil
    Red 99 Seat Ibiza Cupra Sport, coilovers, K&N (Gone but not forgotten)
    Blue 05 Golf 2.0 TDI DSG Comfortline, leather, sunroof.
    2012 BMW X3 MSport 2.0D

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    Hi guys,

Finally got the Jetta back from the panelebeaters after 7 weeks, so glad to be back in it after 7 weeks in a Toyota!

I didn't get to inspect the car when I got it back as it was dropped back at my office and I was busy doing a stocktake so I've been inspecting the car today. I have a few issues to take up with them but one minor thing that doesn't look right is the plastic surrounds for the Isofix fittings in the rear seat. Mt recollection is that they were fitted in tightly originally but now they flop around loosely. Also the word Isofix is upside down and at the top of the surround whereas I think it was right way up at the bottom. I suspect that they have fitted these upside down and this is probably why they are loose. Would someone with a MkV please confirm which way up these surrounds go?

Cheers

George
    After having my back seat out and replaced with a GT one today, I can say they have definately put them in upside down . I'd be taking it back and getting them to fix it for you.

Thanks guys, my suspicions are confirmed. Much appreciated.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

If they stuffed up something simple like that you have to wonder that stuffed up under the surface

Actually best not to go delving too far or you'll end up in a world of hurt when you start finding problems.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    Thanks guys, my suspicions are confirmed. Much appreciated.

Cheers

George
    Double confirming ... yes the word "Isofix" should NOT be upside down and the fittings should all be tight.

Welcome back to Jetting about
    2006 MY07 Jetta 2.0 TFSI Reflex Silver, DSG, Sunroof, Bi-Xenon, Leather

I am so pleased for you that you have the Jetta back,you must be very happy.
    Hope the rest of it looks good though.
    Post some pics when you can.