Thread: Help with engine swap codes

Help with engine swap codes

Hi all so I’ve bought myself a mk5 2005 Volkswagen Golf tdi Turbo automatic and it came with seized motor but the car is in immaculate condition and I would love to get the car back on the road for myself to have as a daily. I’ve been told by my mechanic that my motor is a BKD CODE and if I’m to find a replacement it’s got to be the same but all the BKD motors I can find online is interstate and their asking for $2500-$3000 plus shipping then installing 😔 but I’ve managed to find a person that has a replacement motor and his is the Volkswagen passat pump deuce motor?? And he thinks he can fit and supply the motor $2000 but my question is his motor is BMR CODE and mine is the BKD CODE... Will it still be compatible for my car because I don’t want to buy it then find out it doesn’t even start up my car and I’ve wasted money 😟

Please help as I’m only new to these cars and my friend mentioned this site is pretty good.

Users Country Flag
    Get a BKD, make life easy on yourself. There's going to be all kinds of differences.

A BMR shares a lot of parts with the BKD, possibly a straight swap possible.
    It has 125Kw compared to 103 of the BKD. It is installed in the Passat B6 My 08 and the RAM.
    Might need ECU tune, might not.

Do you know the history of the car, what happened to the originaL?
    Whilst it should not be a big issue if you have the patience, time wait for a BKD, otherwise go ahead and see how you go. You could check around to see the reputation of the person putting it in.