Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf R32 MK5 - Centre drive shaft bearing broken?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

yeah the part number i originally had was incorrect the right one is 1Ko521011k.

The part number robbie gave and that you can see on google is for the USA part.

Hey mate love to help. Pm me if you like. Also when do you experience the noise. And how did vw come to the conclusion that it is your propshaft??

Reviving this thread.

Im running intothe same problem. Center bearing has collapsed and VW are insisting that a new/second hand drive shaft ($1200 + $600 labour) is required yet it appears meyle supply replacement parts for this?

The only issue i seem to be encountering is actually sourcing these parts within Australia. I'm assuming if i ordered from overseas and then took to a drive shaft place they would be able to repair?

Volkswagen R32 MKV 3.2 Driveshaft Parts - ECS Tuning

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MY03VW View Post
    Reviving this thread.

Im running intothe same problem. Center bearing has collapsed and VW are insisting that a new/second hand drive shaft ($1200 + $600 labour) is required yet it appears meyle supply replacement parts for this?

The only issue i seem to be encountering is actually sourcing these parts within Australia. I'm assuming if i ordered from overseas and then took to a drive shaft place they would be able to repair?

Volkswagen R32 MKV 3.2 Driveshaft Parts - ECS Tuning
    Did you see this in your research? Driveshaft Support Center Bearing, 8P Audi A3 3.2L Quattro & MkV Volkswagen R32 - 034-506-0010 - 034Motorsport
    have a chat to a local independent and see if they can fit it to your drive shaft - seems to be a cheaper option.
    I did a similar repair on our old 7L Touareg. Worked perfectly. The trick is to make sure that when the driveshaft is 'split', it goes back EXACTLY the same way, otherwise you'll be chasing balance issues forever.
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag

This place makes replacement driveshaft carrier bearings for various VW and Audi models. Im going to buy one soon for my Audi SQ5 8P A3/S3, Mk5 R32, Driveshaft Center Support Bearing Carrier Upgrade — JXB Performance
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12