Support VWWC

Thread: Ecu and abs dont like each other...

Users Country Flag

Ecu and abs dont like each other...

I have had to put yet another ecu in my mk5 jetta 2010.
    Been a nightmare went to vw and they said couldnt communicate with ecu.
    I have since found a intermittent wire feed which I fixed to ecu.
    Will turn over but no start does not come up with immobilizer cide or warning on dash. Comes up with all abs lights on . Does new ucu need to be coded to dash keys as well as abs module.
    Im using OBD eleven pro code reader only shows no communication to ecu.
    Any ideas on next move?
    Will abs cause non start ?
    Cheers Dean

Users Country Flag

You can't just swap the ECU.
    You need to either do immobilizer adaptation online with ODIS (dealer tool) or do immo off on the ECU/cluster to disable the immo entirely.
    Note that by swapping the ECU you've also wiped your ABS long coding so until you restore that (I hope you have a copy of that, otherwise again needs to be online with ODIS if it's MK60EC1. If you're lucky you might have an MK60 which is muich simpler coding and could probably figure it out offline)
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500