Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DSG Gearbox Service

I have found one USA online shop they sell a package cost $135 +$50 postfee contains as blew, not that expensive as you guys think, if you can do it by yourself, $200 is enough, however, I can not do it by myself
    •DSG Vw Automatic Transmission Filter
    •DSG Vw Transmission Filter O-Ring Seal
    •2 Oil Pan Drain / Fill Plug Sealing Washers
    •6 Liters of Pentosin DSG Fluid

Users Country Flag
    I doubt that they post to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by sportline View Post
    I have found one USA online shop they sell a package cost $135 +$50 postfee contains as blew, not that expensive as you guys think, if you can do it by yourself, $200 is enough, however, I can not do it by myself
    •DSG Vw Automatic Transmission Filter
    •DSG Vw Transmission Filter O-Ring Seal
    •2 Oil Pan Drain / Fill Plug Sealing Washers
    •6 Liters of Pentosin DSG Fluid
    What about the special equipment required to change the fluid? The additional $100-200 to get it done at the dealer is cheap considering it's a reasonably complex process, the tools required are expensive and you only have to do it every 60,000kms.

The VAS6262A tool is around USD$210 to buy - Home Page > Search > VAS6262 > ES#1831924 DSG Oil Filling Adapter Kit - VAS6262A - you can find aftermarket versions for around USD$100-150.

You need VCDS/Vagcom to do the change properly as you have to have the temperature of the gearbox fluid between 35 and 45 degrees Celcius after you through each of the gear positions with the engine running before you can disconnect the VAS6262A and allow excess to flow out.

Quote Originally Posted by bjc2974 View Post
    Got mine done at my local Ultratune......
    You paid to get yours done you mean, kmart auto and ultratune are barely able to perform oil changes on 20 year old Australian cars so to expect them to have the tools, knowledge and skills to touch a DSG is ....

Users Country Flag
    From what I can see it isn't that complex a process to change the oil on DSG. Change filter, remove drain plug (little oil comes out), remove overflow tube (all oil comes out). Refit new overflow tube, fill with oil using "Special" tool (made from bunnings for about 20 bucks), smash a few bottles down, plug in, jump on diagnostic equipment and start monitoring gearbox temp stats, start engine, run through all gears for at least 3 seconds, return to park, keep running until temp reaches within zone (35-50 from memory) then remove drain plug, excess oil will drain (usually about a litre apparently and then fit plug back in and happy days. This is what I have researched anyway, but it seems to make sense.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HANZ BLIX View Post
    From what I can see it isn't that complex a process to change the oil on DSG. Change filter, remove drain plug (little oil comes out), remove overflow tube (all oil comes out). Refit new overflow tube, fill with oil using "Special" tool (made from bunnings for about 20 bucks), smash a few bottles down, plug in, jump on diagnostic equipment and start monitoring gearbox temp stats, start engine, run through all gears for at least 3 seconds, return to park, keep running until temp reaches within zone (35-50 from memory) then remove drain plug, excess oil will drain (usually about a litre apparently and then fit plug back in and happy days. This is what I have researched anyway, but it seems to make sense.
    A complex or difficult job?
    Let me break it down for you. Easy is what we know how to do it, difficult or complex is what we don't know how to do it. I won't comment on the DSG tool you described (the $20 one from Bunnings), but I just say that the quality of the tool affects the quality of the job. I wouldn't want you to perform any work on my car (in 40 or more years, till then, I should be safe, I do it myself), if I see you with the dodgy equipment in the hand.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HANZ BLIX View Post
    You are pretty much spot on, not a very hard job at all.

bjc2974 Guest
    my Ultratune mechanic advised me he has serviced serveral DSG's and isnt a problem to do....Maverick you dont happen to work for a VW dealer dealer do you with that attitude?

Users Country Flag
    when do the dsg boxes need servicing?
    Current ride: 2014 Range Rover Evoque 5 Door TD4 Pure | 9 Spd Auto | Fuji White | Black Leather | 19 inch 'Dynamic' Wheels

Previous rides: MY11.5 Golf GTI 5 door | DSG | Candy White | 18' Detriots | Bluetooth | K&N Air Filter | Dancing Dials (Oh Yeah!)
    | 1989 Porsche 944S2 Coupe| Guards Red| Leather| Sunroof| LSD

Users Country Flag

Where is that service centre. My last DSG service cost 1300. And then the DSG has started to shudder under light acceleration ever since the service and after 2 days of testing(?) they don't know exactly whats wrong with it. Spewing. Now they want to charge me 3500 for a mechatronic replacement.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast