Thread: Driver's door wind noise problem

Users Country Flag

Driver's door wind noise problem

I've recently started noticing an increase in the wind noise coming from around the mirror region on my Mk5 R32 drivers door. Becomes most noticeable at about 80kph+.

I've disassembled the mirror and put everything back together as tight as it can go and all the parts seems to be fitting together properly. Even fully removed the mirror and reseated it on the door but it's made no difference.The seals around the mirror base look fine too.

Bit stumped what else I can do and the noise is really annoying when cruising along. Anyone had a similar issue or suggest what I could try next???
    .:Mk5 R32

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sebas_thefish View Post
    I've recently started noticing an increase in the wind noise coming from around the mirror region on my Mk5 R32 drivers door. Becomes most noticeable at about 80kph+.

I've disassembled the mirror and put everything back together as tight as it can go and all the parts seems to be fitting together properly. Even fully removed the mirror and reseated it on the door but it's made no difference. Visit AutoGuysLand to review obd2 scanner with live data if you concern. The seals around the mirror base look fine too.

Bit stumped what else I can do and the noise is really annoying when cruising along. Anyone had a similar issue or suggest what I could try next???
    You can try to look at the inner seal and replace if it can get rid of the noise or not. If it doesn't help, you can try to take a loser look if there is small hole between the seal and pillar trim that can make a noise or not. Gook luck.

Users Country Flag
    Put a couple of sheets of newspaper over the door and shut it and see if it pulls out and note the resistance If there is a gap it will just come straight out
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I have a suspicion my wind deflector may have distorted/ruptured the exterior side of the window channel seal around the mirror base. They're the type that sit in the door frame and have metal clips to keep them tight.

I removed it again today from the driver's door and on the external seal there's obvious damage. Going to leave it off for a while to hopefully allow the seal to regain some of it's original shape and see if I can isolate the noise to that hole.

Thoughts?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    Last edited by sebas_thefish; 12-11-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    .:Mk5 R32

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Solved