Support VWWC

Thread: Decarbonisation HHO

Users Country Flag

Decarbonisation HHO

Hi - I was looking at removing the intake and cleaning the valves on a 2007 Golf 2.0 FSI.

I then saw something on HHO Decarbonisation that claims to clean the carbon off everything in the engine including the valves.

Has anyone tried this ? What were the results ?

Don’t bother. It won’t do anything. In order to clean the valves properly you’ll need to remove the intake manifold and clean it the old fashioned way.

Users Country Flag
    I did regular chemical valve cleaning on mine. It delays the inevitable but isn't a fix. Ultimately you have to take the inlet off and attack it with a walnut blaster or Mr Muscle non-caustic (the no odour version).

It takes 45-60m to remove the inlet.

Count on 60-90m per inlet if you DIY with chemical (it has to soak in multiple times). 5 minutes with a walnut blaster.

60-75m to replace the inlet
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I did regular chemical valve cleaning on mine. It delays the inevitable but isn't a fix. Ultimately you have to take the inlet off and attack it with a walnut blaster or Mr Muscle non-caustic (the no odour version).

It takes 45-60m to remove the inlet.

Count on 60-90m per inlet if you DIY with chemical (it has to soak in multiple times). 5 minutes with a walnut blaster.

60-75m to replace the inlet
    Brad also forgot to mention it is an extremley dirty job. Wear crap clothes and gloves as well!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by epidemic View Post
    Brad also forgot to mention it is an extremley dirty job. Wear crap clothes and gloves as well!
    i thought that was a given as it's oily carbon residue and oven cleaner but I guess sometimes you have to state the obvious.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums