Thread: AWE Mania (Catback + CCB Intake Install)

Users Country Flag

AWE Mania (Catback + CCB Intake Install)

Hey guys,

I am very excited to announce that I now have a Whiteline RSB on my car courtesy of DRMAT, and an AWE Tuning Catback Exhuast and AWE Tuning Carbon Fibre Intake installed on my car.

This is just a normal thread where I state I have all of these things but I only have pictures proving I only have one of them .

Basically, BigYellow really sucks at taking pictures because he's scared of angle grinders and so therefore I do not have pictures of my new exhaust.

So anyway here are some low quality iPhone pics of the intake install, but I will take some proper pictures of the final install of both items once I get my engine bay washed, as its ****ing filthy atm .

And thats the final product!

The exhaust took some cutting and trimming to fit 100% and to get center with the rear valance and the exhaust cut outs, but nothing too major.

Now, it's the time to talk **** about the products! The quality of the intake was really good and I was really impressed, the quality of the documentation that came with it though was not so great. Basically the TSI and FSI installation instructions were on the same sheet which led to much confusion and when putting on the final carbon fiber cover it wasn't too clear as to what must be done first, which meant there are still some washer plugs missing that join the top and bottom parts of the intake together missing, which doesn't hamper the performance in any way or make it less stable. The other poor part was the rubber provided with the intake to make a seal at the front of it wasn't very good at all and left a nasty residue where it was placed, and was just cheap and inadequate. This is going to get replaced with some rubber from bunnings. I will take pics to show what I mean.

Drive performance was improved, the induction noise was so much louder, it also introduced at slight harmonic noise to happen at certain RPM's, but its not terrible at all it lasts for a split second then stops it doesn't hang around at all which is fantastic. Throttle response seemed nicer and the car felt 'more free', I don't know how to explain it so I could be just talking ****.

Whilst the price I paid was a slight premium over a normal intake with out the carbon fibre cover, the cover makes the engine bay a little more neat and fills out the room a little more.

TO THE EXHAUST!

I will take pictures of this when I can, I've only had it for two days or so and I haven't driven my car a whole heap so I can't give a 100% review as yet, but it's quite loud. Im not sure if i'm just not used to it but between 2-3k RPM its quite loud when accelerating at the lights, once you are cruising at 60k or so its like stock, you can barely hear it. But it may settle in and become less 'loud'. Will report on performance changes when I drive the car a little more.

TO THE SWAYBAR!

IT'S THE BEST $260 I'VE SPENT ON THIS CAR. EVERYBODY GET A REAR SWAY BAR. JUST DO IT. IT'S AWESOME.

The End. If you want further pictures and or soundclips please nag in posts below this one.

Much Love
    James

Users Country Flag
    sounds good mate

I'll put money on the fact the exhaust will only get louder as it wears in! Either way it will sound good!

Looking forward to seeing it with the new mods!

Next get some coilovers and slam this puppy on some nice wheels
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Looks pretty good. That harmonic sound annoyed the daylights out of me when I first put my K&N Typhoon on.. but now its like music to the ears.
    _
    2006 Golf GTI DSG | REVO Stg2+, REVO Stg 1 DSG, X-FORCE TBE, K&N Typhoon CAI, AT HPFP, Forge Twincooler, BSH Stg2+ Catch Can, ECS Mount Insert, DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors

harmonic noise like a hooting? does this in my mk4