Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Rims

Users Country Flag

Aftermarket Rims

Hey Guys,

Im looking at purchasing a set of JDM rims such as rays or BBS but wasnt sure about the P.C.D for VW as i only bought my Mk5 R32. This is my first European car so quite a noob LOL.

So my question is, what p.c.d will suit my r32 and im looking at a 18" rim. As for the width probably 8.5 or 9. Just wasnt so sure about the offset as well. I want a aggressive look with some poke.

Could anyone please post up photos of their rims and specify the specs?

Thank You =)

you need 5x12, but also equally important id your offset

not sure what offset is for the R32, so research carefully.

Here's a list of 5x112 that are suitable, subject to offset

I've purchased very happily from them twice

(take 20% off pricing as you dont pay english VAT, then add around $385 for delivery)

VAG 5x112, BM Autosport Ltd
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth_oau View Post

Here's a list of 5x112 that are suitable, subject to offset

I've purchased very happily from them twice

(take 20% off pricing as you dont pay english VAT, then add around $385 for delivery)

VAG 5x112, BM Autosport Ltd
    Thanks mate. I'll take a look. chees =)

Users Country Flag
    8.5 max on the front really. Can go to around 9.5 rear.

Offsets depend on your preference. 35-42 seems to be the best. Obviously the higher the offset the less poke. But I wouldn't go lower than 35. I run 18x8.5 35 all round and rub with guards rolled and pulled/flaired.

Tyre also plays a huge part but also the height you wish to achieve.
    Hennessy Auto Styling MK5 TDI [SIZE=3]|| United Grey || Sunroof & Leather || 18x8.5 +45 Rotiform BLQ and 17x8 17x9 +39 Stern Reverse Face II || K Sport Deluxe Air Suspension || After Market OEM Style Body Kit and Accessories!
    Hennessy Auto Styling - Bumpers, Spoilers, Carbon, Lips and more.

Mk4 aristo's with a 15mm adapter.

So 18x7.5" +25~ something like that.

Running a square tyre so looks are deceptive but that size tyre on a 9" with 30-35 offset would be your goal

cool. thanks guys. Keep it coming =)

Quote Originally Posted by lhennessy View Post
    8.5 max on the front really. Can go to around 9.5 rear.

Offsets depend on your preference. 35-42 seems to be the best. Obviously the higher the offset the less poke. But I wouldn't go lower than 35. I run 18x8.5 35 all round and rub with guards rolled and pulled/flaired.

Tyre also plays a huge part but also the height you wish to achieve.
    Do you mind posting up some pics of your car?

Cheers mate

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth_oau View Post

The R32 Omanyts are a 51 offset (and 7.5 wide) so calculations can be done from there.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

11"

Consider how low you intend to go too - I'm running 18x7.5 with ET45 and 225 tyres. Was ok when the car was only slightly lowered ( would only rub under severe dips with wheels turned ) but now that I'm much lower I get severe rubbing and have even damaged my guards and cut up my tyre - I'm fairly certain that with either a guard roll or a higher offset wheel I should be fine but I'll actually going be doing both just to be safe.
    2007 Black Magic VW Golf GT TDi, Latte Leather, Sunroof, Bluefin Superchip, 18" Detroits, APR lower torque arm insert, APR Carbon Fibre Cold Air Intake system, GTi sideskirts & front lip, R32 Rear Bar, GTi Steering wheel, RNS-510,Infinity BassLink Subwoofer,stubby antenna, R8 Oil Cap, Golf R front calipers, slotted front rotors, ceramic brake pads, LITEC LED tail-lights, Dension Gateway Five, Rear Emblem Reverse Camera, H&R Ultralow coil-overs, Badge-less front grille

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast