Thread: Adjustable strut top mounts?

Users Country Flag

Adjustable strut top mounts?

I initially posted this question in the Passat area, but since the B6 Passat and Mk5 Golf have similar front suspension, I thought I'd ask here as well.

My front strut upper mounting and thrust bearing is starting to make clunking noises and will need replacing sometime in the months ahead. Before I use OEM parts, has anyone upgraded to aftermarket adjustable strut top mounts? I don't want a noisy race set up. Something quiet with rubber. However the ability to wind on some more negative camber might be nice. Thanks.
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

Users Country Flag
    i've only see strut top mounts with rose joints since the angle of the strut needs to change when you change the camber, all super noisy from my experience

cw.mkv.gti.034ms,s2+

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    All super noisy from my experience
    Thanks. That's not what I want for a daily drive.
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

Rose joints have come leaps and bounds since 90’s Japanese coilovers.

Have yet to have any issues with silver project strut tops. For the MK5 there are plenty of other options available to you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

the joints themselves weren't really my problem, it was the lack of rubber isolation where the mounts meet the strut tops
    made the noise on rough roads much worse I.e. crossing railway tracks, just bang bang bang
    swapped out the original oem tops on to my b8's and they've been way quieter

cw.mkv.gti.034ms,s2+