Thread: 17" ClassiX / SevenX Centre Cap

Users Country Flag

17" Classix / Sevenx Centre Cap

The VW badge fell off the Centre cap on one of my alloys- Genuine Volkswagen Audi - 1K0601025AN8Z8KT - 17" Classix / Sevenx Wheel - Set Of Four

Long shot - Does anyone have one a centre cap lying around by any chance? Even if it's just the right badge I can glue on. The lack of continuity is wreaking havoc with my OCD!

Thanks

17" ClassiX / SevenX Centre Cap-screen-shot-2020-11-16-10-53-56-png
    Last edited by gle1234; 20-11-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hmmm, yes please, all four of mine 'fell off' at some stage in the car's life, and would love to find a source of these badges for these wheels too. The caps themselves can be purchased, but at around $45 a pop, I'd rather just find the badges
    Last edited by BirdManFJ; 18-11-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    MY08 Golf MkV GT-Sport

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Spot on with your pricing. This is the cheapest entire cap I've found so far on eBay. I will admit...I know where a few cars live that are running Classix in about a 5 block radius, but I did long before my badge went missing and I'd never stoop that low. Might go to a wrecker before pulling the trigger on this.
    Last edited by gle1234; 20-11-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Users Country Flag
    If you are going to go to a wreckers, my bet would be to try Jolly's Ringwood. Tends to have good stock (they have a Jetta with Classix right now according to their website) and unlike Imlachs they don't scrap the alloy wheels before they put them into the yard. Have never had good pricing/experiences with non-DIY wreckers, the prices they charge are simply insane.

Car Wreckers Melbourne, Geelong, Dandenong, Ringwood | Auto Wreckers
    2016 GTI 40 Years | 2012 Up! | 2006 Jetta - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by MEL744 View Post
    If you are going to go to a wreckers, my bet would be to try Jolly's Ringwood. Tends to have good stock (they have a Jetta with Classix right now according to their website) and unlike Imlachs they don't scrap the alloy wheels before they put them into the yard. Have never had good pricing/experiences with non-DIY wreckers, the prices they charge are simply insane.

Car Wreckers Melbourne, Geelong, Dandenong, Ringwood | Auto Wreckers
    Thanks for the recommendation! I’ve never had great experiences either in terms of pricing with non-DIY wreckers. In fact I just assumed you couldn’t really find them anymore for liability reasons. That listing you shared actually lists a ‘hub cap’ for $6, I wonder if that’s it.
    I’ll check this one out and report back.
    Last edited by gle1234; 20-11-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I hear you bud, the missing cap would annoy me no end, too...

So I managed to pick one up from that wreckers today for $8. Bit banged up but it'll do.

I took the badges off all the caps and cleaned and re-glued them back on for good measure.