Thread: 06 GTI - Anyone know this car

Users Country Flag

06 GTI - Anyone know this car

I have a mate in Sydney who asked about this car:
    VOLKSWAGEN GOLF V GTI HATCHBACK 5DR MAN 6SP 2.0T

It looks very clean and tidy in the photos, almost too clean. The service history also looks odd... like it hasn't been driven in 5 years for some reason.

Maybe it had different seats in it and different wheels and they have been put back to stock (or they were really trashed and have been replaced)... but something just doesn't sit right with this one.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    The service book seems to show more km in 2016 than 2021?

Users Country Flag
    The reflections on the R/H side look like the panels arent straight and the whole car is simply too "new" looking. Who has unwrinkled seats after 50,000km never mind 215.000.
    The only genuine thing is the window switches which have all the paint off them and are covered in scratches as you would expect from a driver with long fingernails
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

That recent service history looks weird. The car could've been put into storage when it moved to NSW?

The seats, while wearing quite well, don't look too dissimilar to the condition of my old MK5 GTI with similar kms. The rest of the interior lines up with the age/kms and the body, well, it's surprising what a good detail can do to a car.
    '18 MY18.5 MK3.5 Octavia vRS245
    Previous - 2015 MY16 MK7 R, 2010 MY10 R36 DSG, 2010 MK6 Golf GTI DSG // APR Stage 2, 2006 MK5 Jetta TFSI DSG // Revo Stage 2, 2006 MK5 Golf GTI Manual

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The mismatch in km's in the service book could just be a 'typo', everything else lines up, but that huuuuge gap without service raises questions. It could be as simple as it sitting on a dealers lot or in storage for many years for some reason, but I'd be wanting an explanation for that.

In any case, my mate has been a detailer so gets that side of things and I've given my 2c on the logs books too. He's looking for something a little bit fun as a daily driver and this was something he seemed to like. I'm not sure if he's had a chance to actually go and look at it as yet.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag

It could well be a typo. If he’s been a detailer he’ll be able to pick it if it’s had a big repair. Cars this old need to be judged on condition more than anything.