Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Window tint for Octavia RS

Users Country Flag

I can't understand all this talk about broken clips & having problems with curved glass. I use Hunters Hill Window Tinting & they have never removed any door panels or trim. They have never had a problem with curved glass - I've even seen him do front windows on Corollas in a single sheet (yes, illegal but that's what the customer wanted - Private Detective or something).

He had never done an Octy before he saw mine - he wasn't phased at all. Just got on with it & called me 2 hours later to say it was finished. Perfect job & still looks great 2 years after.

Pariah. you might wish to find out if the Privacy glass blocks UV. I'm told it's just a tint & unlike most films, is not 100% UV block. You can get clear film that is 100% UV.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Pariah. you might wish to find out if the Privacy glass blocks UV. I'm told it's just a tint & unlike most films, is not 100% UV block. You can get clear film that is 100% UV.
    Thanks Brad. Yeah my understanding is the privacy glass does not block UV totally. I have to get a clear film for the back and darkest legal for the fronts. But from memory reading the golf forum here, finding the right match is not easy due to the different hues from the privacy glass if that makes sense. Will pop by the local shops to see what my options are.

Users Country Flag
    Hi all, due to pick up my octavia RS wagon in a week or so, so looking around to get tinting done. Anyone have a suggestion of places in brisbane to get the tint done. I'm on the west side and would like somewhere over here (Darra) if possible, but will drive to get it done.

I want an emulation of the privacy glass - 35% on the front side windows, 20% on all the others - I assume this is legal? (since privacy glass is?). Want the best possible tint, not sure if metal or carbon or what type is best though, and how much I should expect to pay. Don't want to get reamed by dealer though

Users Country Flag
    Tint Mart Browns Plains...ask for Tony.

I have had 7 cars done there and all have been first class!

Will be getting my Wagon done there soon too!

P.S. I have always used Johnson Films...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Tint-a-car suggest using their metallic ‘Midnight Express’. But they will put carbon tint on rear quarter with embedded aerial.
    They say expect the carbon to need replacement in 5 years or so (under warranty) as won’t last as long as the metallic.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone know of any good tinters in SA?

Too Much Chat.....Not enough Photos......

Photo of the Wifeys Skoda with Smoked Grey Tint........Tint done at Altapac at Kotara.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DA\/E View Post

Photo of the Wifeys Skoda with Smoked Grey Tint........Tint done at Altapac at Kotara.
    can i ask how much u paid for that tint?
    kotara will b way out for me though.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Off the top of my head.....can't remember exactly, but my gut feeling would be about $340. I'll try and track down a receipt and let you know.

Yes....I see it would be a bit of a drive for you.

I had altapac tint one of our cars over 20 years ago, and I've never had any drama with their work. I've used them ever since. They have a huge range of RTA Compliment tint, or "Pimp My Ride" tint.....if that is your thing.

We have their tint on both our cars......(see sig panel below).

Cheers - Dave.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DA\/E View Post
    Off the top of my head.....can't remember exactly, but my gut feeling would be about $340. I'll try and track down a receipt and let you know.

Yes....I see it would be a bit of a drive for you.

I had altapac tint one of our cars over 20 years ago, and I've never had any drama with their work. I've used them ever since. They have a huge range of RTA Compliment tint, or "Pimp My Ride" tint.....if that is your thing.

We have their tint on both our cars......(see sig panel below).

Cheers - Dave.
    Hey Dave,

Like the Tint on the Renault!
    What did you choose for it?

The Skoda looks the goods with the Leather too!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast