Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window Tint Alternative

Users Country Flag

Window Tint Alternative

I know window tint is a great addition to any car and so had our Octy tinted before we picked it up last year. And when I bought the Roomster it was obvious that the interior would need some sort of shading because the car has seriously big windows.
    I noticed that the Skoda accessories brochure listed custom window shades as an alternative. They are removable and also act like flyscreens if you want to open the rear windows. They can even be used in conjunction with window tint to keep your car interior even cooler.
    Over at the Briskoda site there were several folks who had bought these shades and gave them a rap so I ordered mine from Motormec in the UK. Under AUD$200 delivered for the set.
    They arrived today and are seriously well made items which are easy to fit. See them at:
    http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/index...2729_3662_3663

Oooh! Thanks for that link. I've been trying to get them for the Octavia, well, the OEM one anyway, and have not had much luck, from Skoda Australia or other shops in the UK

Hopefully this one pans out! Did you call them or order online?

Quote Originally Posted by onyertod View Post
    They arrived today and are seriously well made items which are easy to fit. See them at:
    Vanstyle - Skoda Roomster styling accessories and Car Accessories s. Palm Automotive is No.
    Last edited by dodgey; 22-10-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Privacy shade sun blind skoda

I got Rommster ones from Motormec UK via their ebay shop but dunno if they have Octy shades.
    vanstyle do them Vanstyle - Car sun shades and privacy shades at palm automotive Accessories UK. Sun shades - UV Privacy Car Shades (Set of 6) Skoda OCTAVIA ESTATE 2004-on

dunno about postage to OZ but no harm in emailing them.

The strong AUD makes the good value. even when you include postage.

Vanstyle has an ebay store too, so I'll chase them up.

Quote Originally Posted by onyertod View Post
    dunno about postage to OZ but no harm in emailing them.

The strong AUD makes the good value. even when you include postage.

What is visibility like looking out through these from inside? (compared to say dark tint)
    Do you leave them on driving at night?
    Where they say for an estate 'set of 6' what would the 6 bits be? 2 x rear? 2 x quarter? + tailgate? = 5?
    The pictures seem to show as if they roll up in some way but I presume these are fixed pieces that wedge into window space?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Swuzzlebubble View Post
    What is visibility like looking out through these from inside? (compared to say dark tint)
    Do you leave them on driving at night?
    Where they say for an estate 'set of 6' what would the 6 bits be? 2 x rear? 2 x quarter? + tailgate? = 5?
    The pictures seem to show as if they roll up in some way but I presume these are fixed pieces that wedge into window space?
    Leave on at night. Visibility is comparable with having medium tinted glass. No probs reversing at night.
    "but I presume these are fixed pieces that wedge into window space"
    They are a good interferance fit but are secured by clips. Easily removed - clips stay in place. 6 pieces is because rear window is in two pieces with vertical join in the middle.
    Been driving round with shades in place but windows open. No flies! Cool!

Warning to those considering buying some of these from Vanstyle on Ebay.

The service for me has been shocking. I ordered on 6/8/2011. The item was not received until 12/9/2011 (despite the ebay ad stating that the item would have been dispatched within 3 days), and to make matters worse the clips supplied are incorrect and do not work.

They now inform me that my only options are returning (at my cost of $60 plus $27 return fee) or waiting an additional 5 weeks for the correct clips.

They are still offering these for sale despite not being fit for purpose.

Buyer beware!

Users Country Flag
    i really really really want to get these, but i can't justify spending $200 or so for a set of window shades!!!!
    suction cup versions r only good if:-
    - they stick and remain on
    - u don't wind down the rear windows!!

grrrr......

i want to get something before summer settles in. tis not good for my little girl in her child seat.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    So why not just get window tint? It's only $300-$400.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Legal tint doesn't cut it unfortunately. I have a Tint-a-car octane tint which is supposed to be darkest legal.

I wimped out with getting a darker than legal tint on the rears and the sun is still pretty bad on little heads.

The screens really do help with the intensity of light, but I am sadly now the president of the more money than sense club for going with the vanstyle screens. I have glamorously installed them with gaffer tape... just the kind of thing you want to do when you have wasted $200 on them

If I had half a brain I would have got either a darker than legal tint or I should have looked more closely at the sock or external sticker ones cheaply available through supacheap etc.

Keep in mind that Skoda do actually have genuine sun blinds (at least in the UK).

Aussie dealers should be able to order them. At least that way you have some recourse if the incorrect units are sent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast