Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where /Who can Install reversing camera for 2014 MY15 Octavia RS Hatchback

Users Country Flag

Where /Who can Install reversing camera for 2014 MY15 Octavia RS Hatchback

Hi All,

I'd like to get fitted a compatible reverse camera to work with the Columbus / Canton audio system. I am located just out of Melbourne and am available to travel. Can anyone suggest some reputable companies / people who do this kind of thing regularly?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dmp32103,

Have you thought about doing this yourself? You might save a few $$$ that way. The camera kit can be purchased for a few hundred dollars and you can spend a weekend doing this. Obviously you need to feel comfortable taking things apart and also need access to a VCDS cable for coding. This is what I intend to do later in the year.

Otherwise you can take your car to Autofidelity in Moorabbin to help you with the install.

There are two camera versions - a lowline version with rigid guidelines and a high version with dynamic guidelines that turn with the steering wheel.

See here > Rear view cameras

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi lucki,

Thanks for info. I'd probably have someone do the install for me. I'm not afraid to get in there too have a go myself but dont know if I can spare the time at the moment.

I suppose it depends on the cost of getting an auto fidelity or similar to install the camera.

I'll hey touch base with them and go from there.

Thanks again.

Dave

Users Country Flag
    There is a thread on a DIY install with pics and instructions
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Thanks Hillbilly,

I'll have another look through and see what i can find.

Users Country Flag
    Here it is Is in a Tiguan but will be similar I guess Rear view camera for tiguan - install completed
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 02-05-2015 at 11:40 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dmp32103 View Post
    Hi lucki,

Thanks for info. I'd probably have someone do the install for me. I'm not afraid to get in there too have a go myself but dont know if I can spare the time at the moment.

I suppose it depends on the cost of getting an auto fidelity or similar to install the camera.

I'll hey touch base with them and go from there.

Thanks again.

Dave
    Halfway through doing my Mk II myself. Have the camera in the boot already, just need to get the wire from the rear light to the front and then am done. As said, time is an issue. I will get to it soon enough. Prob another half day to finish. It will be rigid lines though.

Cost under $250

Skoda Modifications
    Last edited by spud75; 04-05-2015 at 10:42 AM. Reason: add hyperlink
    2001 - A4 B6 1.8T Sedan Manual - (sold @ 254,000km)
    2008 - A3 8P 1.9tdi Sportback Manual - (sold 90,000kms)

2013 - Octavia RS wagon - 1z - Race Blue - TDI - 6M - Leather - MDI - Whispbar S44W - LED interior kit - RVC forward?/retrofit - Mk3 gear shifter
    2021 - Q3 S-Line wagon - F3 - Daytona Grey - Westfalia towbar - no other options available.

Thanks Hillbilly and Spud for the further info. I don't think i'll have a go at doing it myself at this time. I have spoken with Jarrod from Auto Fidelity and i think i'll go with them. I'm looking at $ 990 installed with warranty and full integration including predictive path. I'm hoping to get it done in the next 2 weeks or so.

UPDATE Installed.... Last week i had Auto Fidelity in Moorabbin fit the reversing camera. They did a great job and the system is fully integrated with the columbus system.The camera itself does not have the image quality of a comparable OEM type but it's satisfactory. Installed price was $ 890.

Did you get static or dynamic lines?
    MY15 VW Golf R | White | Manual

MY15 Skoda Octavia RS 162TSI | Liftback | Race Blue | DSG | Tech Pack (w/o RVC) | +2 Years Extended WarrantySOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast