Support VWWC

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ceramic pads would u recommended? - 2011 vRS

Yes they are. My mechanic gave me a brochure on them the other day. Looks like they will be my next pad.
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Quote Originally Posted by warrick View Post
    are the ATE Pads available here in Australia? i see ebay has them available ex UK.
    cheers
    warrick
    I was under the impressions hsy aus only sold wholesale though? If anyone finds otherwise could they please advise. Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    I was under the impressions hsy aus only sold wholesale though? If anyone finds otherwise could they please advise. Thanks.
    Even if HSY Australia are wholesale only, a call to them would reveal who the retailers are.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

My understanding is they don't have generic retailers. Rather they sell to individual mechanics etc. but I'll send them an email anyway. I've also texted my mechanic to see if he can get them in.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR27 View Post
    If they are genuine DBA, then that's pretty good! Maybe ask if they can swap the pads for qfm. But all round that will be a substantial upgrade from stock..... How old is your car? Might be worth seeing what the line condition is like.

Will make a solid difference to stopping performance. Probably cheaper than a set of factory front discs too!
    Model MY11, sept 2010 build.
    i don't know what the current condition is of the brake lines. will be asking the mechanic to advise while i have my 75k service done next monday.
    i've got this feeling that he is going to say the pads n discs have plenty of life left in them - which they do look that way.
    hence i'll wait till monday, before i "checkout" with this kit from brakesdirect.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    That's always the hope, but at least you have a good priced backup if they need replacing. Nothing beats getting an upgrade for the price of std consumable parts
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Users Country Flag
    Unless something has been damaged, I can't see brakelines / hoses being an issue on our vehicles. They are (almost) a lifetime part - easily lasting 15-20 years for normal driving purposes.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    well i found a place in brisbane to buy the ATE Ceramic Pads from, BMTS at Brendale. phone 31713907.
    heres a link to their site.definately not cheap,so hope they are as good as they sound.
    cheers
    warrick

Everything You Need to Know About ATE Ceramic Brake Pads - Bavaria Motor Tuning Service, Brendale
    2011 3CC 3.6 V6. 19X8 CADWELL RIMS, K & N FILTER, EXHAUST TIPS,DBA SLOTTED FRONT DISCS,ATE CERAMIC FRONT PADS.

Nice find Warwick. But I couldn't find any info on pricing on their site? Did you get a quote from them? Do sell just the pads or will they only sell supply and install?

Thanks.

Users Country Flag

well they are $198 supply only for my cc 4 motion. they are happy to supply only if you want.fitting was about $150 from memory plus any maching or disc replacement if necessary. picking pads up tomorrow lunchtime so good service.
    cheers
    warrick
    2011 3CC 3.6 V6. 19X8 CADWELL RIMS, K & N FILTER, EXHAUST TIPS,DBA SLOTTED FRONT DISCS,ATE CERAMIC FRONT PADS.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast