Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wastegate Rattle on Accelaration - Fix issued by VwAG

Users Country Flag

Wastegate Rattle on Accelaration - Fix issued by VwAG

the fix is now official over in the vw paddock.
    more details here in the mk6 forum.

hopefully skoda aus come to the party too and provide this fix under warranty.
    i emailed my dealer yesterday, who has passed it on to the skoda techos and product manager.

will keep u posted on the progress.

i've had the rattle since new. not the end of the world, but surely an annoyance and sometimes embarrassing.
    fingers crossed skoda end my rattles.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

I did the same earlier in the week via the Brisbane dealer.

If I hear anything I will post here.

Sounds good! Once I get news off you guys, then I'll go forward to my dealer to get the rattle fixed aswell. I have also had the same issue since new and it does get annoying hearing it!

If that's the only issue I ever have with my skoda, happy days
    MY10 Occy vRS \\ GIAC Flash Tune \\ 19" VMR v713 \\ It's a Skoda. Honest.

Users Country Flag
    I've been watching the VW progress on this issue and really hope Skoda comes to the party. The rattle was the first problem I heard on my RS unfortunately now it's drowned out by a squeaky dash but hopefully that will be remedied soon!

I'm booking in for my 15k service soon so will certainly bring this up with the dealer at the same time, keep us updated on any progress you have.

Cheers
    Skoda Octavia RS TSI Liftback MY11 - Race Blue

can someone describe the sound of this rattle to me and when it happens please?

I have a weird tickling/rattle noise that I am unsure of.
    MY16 VW Golf GTI - Carbon Steel - Manual
    MK5 GTI Race Car

I could be wrong muggo but I thought it was only the 147 engine that had it...

Users Country Flag
    It's an issue which is commonly attributed to the EA888 2.0L K03 Turbo engine. In Golf guise, it's 155kw, in other guises is 147kw.
    If the Octavia 118TSI is using the EA888 1.8L K03 Turbo engine, then it could be possible that the issue exists there too, as the turbo and the wastegate and the actuator rod are likely to be shared components.

I'm not sure though, as the Golf's don't use the 1.8L EA888 engine.

Users Country Flag
    I was going to keep quiet until mine was completely fixed, but I know how frustrating the noise is, so here it is:

I phoned Northshore (where I purchased the car) and as usual, they weren't aware of the issue (even after I took the car there a few months ago for them to look at it) and they asked me to take the car back there again for them to listen (again, even though I took the car there for the same issue a few months ago). Good riddance Northshore...
    Anyway, I phoned Trivett and spoke to one of the mechanics there who was aware of the problem and told me to bring the car in to get a diagnostic. I took it in a couple of days later and after a quick drive around the block to confirm my car had the wastegate problem, we went back inside and he generated a report to submit to Skoda Australia.
    The fix was approved by Skoda about 2 hours after I went in and now I'm just waiting for the clip to arrive - may take a couple of weeks as it's coming from Deutschland.
    I think it definitely helped that Trivett is a VW dealer because the Skoda dealers that are not part of VW wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a Polo and a Amarok, let alone be aware of a problem relating to the VW Group engines.
    A big thanks to the guys at Trivett for getting this fixed for me!
    MY11 Octavia RS 2.0lt TSI DSG Liftback - Candy White

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    vw does the servicing and warranty work for skoda here in canberra, so i'm hoping that will make it easier to get the job/fix done.
    just hoping skoda aus does not try to b difficult about it.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag

Only hear it sometimes on my vrs. Not very loud ...... but well see what its like come the first service.

Joy Toy: 2010 Skoda vRS - Metalic Black - Liftback - TSI - 6sp Manual - Leather - Sunroof - Fiscon Plus

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast