Support VWWC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VGA to dumb down next Gen Skoda models

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    Personally I'm excited about the new Octys coming in November, fingers crossed for the vRS!
    Theres not really any reason for them to discontiue Octy RS here is there? Wouldnt think so..
    www.TheRapidWrench.Melbourne
    The convenient, professional and affordable mobile bicycle mechanic that comes to you!
    My RS build thread

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainBikeMike View Post
    Theres not really any reason for them to discontiue Octy RS here is there? Wouldnt think so..
    I meant more I hope it arrives November with the other models
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    I've never understood VWs product range in Australia as it seems to me they were always destined to compete against one another.

Skoda's lack of marketing by VW, particularly of the Superb Elegance models in Australia has been stupid. They should have gone hard after the Holden/Ford customer base with Superb Elegance from day one. What marketing they did was wrong, deeming it a "quirky & large sedan". If one looked within VWs range; at a Passat versus the Superb Elegance, why would you buy the cramped, shorter wheelbase Passat? One can draw similar comparisons for Golf/Octavia.

As a long time performance Ford owner, I looked & if my choice had been limited to Passat or a car without all the mod cons included in virtually all Australian, Jap & Korean cars these days, I would not be driving a car from anywhere in the VW suite of vehicles.

At the end of the day it is clear, the Skoda is more a threat to VW than anyone else because of VAG stupidity, and the old Teutonic arrogance of VW HQ now instituting a strategy to demean some of its own products, just to defend the VW badge. To me, the Skoda range, all based on the Octavia chassis, are much better suited to the Australian market than the bulk of the VW range.

I have MY10 Superb Elegance V6 & think it fantastic, as do all who get into it. I won't be replacing it with a VW, if that is what Mr. White thinks. Sadly, I think Mr. White is but a puppet to HQ & doesn't understand his market or customers as well as he or VW think they do. Making Skoda a minimalist peoples car in the true image of Hitler's orginal concept will kill any support, customer base & credibility it currently has.

Up yours Mr White. I am not impressed with your customer service, parts price gouging or the alternate products under the VW badge you want to steer me to. I think I might be turning Japanese or Korean in future.

Users Country Flag
    /rage...
    www.TheRapidWrench.Melbourne
    The convenient, professional and affordable mobile bicycle mechanic that comes to you!
    My RS build thread

Cheaper skodas? Don't think so.

Latest Yeti pricing for UK.. Prices are up up up

Skoda Yeti 2014 price revealed | Auto Express

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    Cheaper skodas? Don't think so.

Latest Yeti pricing for UK.. Prices are up up up

Skoda Yeti 2014 price revealed | Auto Express
    Pricing in da UK is no reflection of how its going to b priced here.
    Past, present & future, all skoda models r alot cheaper than vw in europe.
    The Australian market is totally different ball game, and with VW Group Australia controlling Skoda Australia operations - its no surprise which brand they'll protect!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fsi View Post
    Up yours Mr White. I am not impressed with your customer service, parts price gouging or the alternate products under the VW badge you want to steer me to. I think I might be turning Japanese or Korean in future.
    haha this just reminds me of Breaking Bad yo!!!
    MY12 - Octavia vRS Liftback, Brilliant Silver Metallic - Revo Stage 2
    MY12 - Superb Ambition Wagon, Black Magic pearl effect

http://www.auskoda.com

This is great news - I support the dumbing down of the range.

After VW seems hell bent on limiting options on the range, it puts the spotlight on Skoda to peg themselves where VW is leaving a gap.

I can only hope Skoda start introducing simple, basic models without things people don't need - Satnav, climate control, DSG, electric tailgates etc. Just a manual, diesel in every range without all the unnecessary items would be tops!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brenno View Post
    This is great news - I support the dumbing down of the range.

After VW seems hell bent on limiting options on the range, it puts the spotlight on Skoda to peg themselves where VW is leaving a gap.

I can only hope Skoda start introducing simple, basic models without things people don't need - Satnav, climate control, DSG, electric tailgates etc. Just a manual, diesel in every range without all the unnecessary items would be tops!
    Pure and simple I'm not interested in a base model with no options. Would go back to a japanese car if that happened.
    2012 Fabia II VRS Estate - APR stage 2 tune, Custom 2.5" turbo back full stainless exhaust with ceramic coated dump pipe, Harding Performance Cold air intake, Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler, GFB DV+ diverter valve, Braille B2317RP battery, Eibach pro kit springs, Bilstein B8 shocks, Harding Performance F+R ARB, Super Pro bushes, Porsche 986 Boxster S front brake calipers, 330x28mm front rotors, Ferodo DS2500 front pads and Remsa rear pads, Enkei RPF1 17x8 et.35 with 235/40R17 Yokohama AD08R tyres, Maxton front splitter and Superskoda fender flares.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmRacer View Post
    Pure and simple I'm not interested in a base model with no options. Would go back to a japanese car if that happened.
    I think this attitude reinforces my point - the market is flooded with over-specced vehicles. Despite what VW marketing folk have discovered, there are still people that want basic models with basic attributes.

Case in point - I want a manual mid-size wagon, preferably diesel. In the current market in Australia, there are next to no options available.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast