Support VWWC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Sign Recognition - any luck enabling?

Question Traffic Sign Recognition - any luck enabling?

As per the title, has anyone successfully got Traffic Sign Recognition working in Australia via VCDS/OBDEleven tweaks?

I've tried a couple of times now (on an RS with Lane Assist), mostly recently following these instructions on the Oz Audi forums - 8V VCDS Mods - Page 17

It will enable, but the Road Sign display panel in the maxidot just says 'No road signs available' on a few drives around my part of Melbourne. The Oz Audi thread is the only mention I can find of the feature actually working here, every other reference says they tried and failed.

Hi,

I have had it working on my Octavia Scout. I am aware that the RS only just got lane assist in Australia. May be a new camera..? Check out the Briskoda forums (under VCDS tweaks) for exactly how it was done for me.
    2012 VW Passat Alltrack 125TDI
    2014 VW Touareg V8 TDI Rline
    I Have VCDS if needed in Newcastle area by anyone.

Users Country Flag

This tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by daljames View Post
    Hi,

I have had it working on my Octavia Scout. I am aware that the RS only just got lane assist in Australia. May be a new camera..? Check out the Briskoda forums (under VCDS tweaks) for exactly how it was done for me.
    Do you mean this post?

Superb MKIII VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested - Diagnostics & VCDS - BRISKODA

Thats exactly the link i used.

Quote Originally Posted by daljames View Post
    Thats exactly the link i used.
    Hmm, interesting - those Superb instructions have another step at the end compared with the method in the Briskoda Octavia tried & tested thread.

When I get over this cold/flu I'll give that last step a go.

My mistake, i used the Octavia section. But if there is a new camera, the Superb section may be better.

I tried the Superb method and it doesn't work
    The last step (Controller A5, Byte 16, set Bit 4) results in 'Operation not supported' from OBDEleven. And the step before that is a bit confusing, it says 'untick Traffic Sign Display (VZA) active' but the picture shows it ticked. I tried both ways. The end result is the same as with the Octavia method - 'No road signs available'.

I know it's a slightly superfluous feature, but it's really bugging me that I can't get it to work on my car...

Users Country Flag
    I have read somewhere (can't recall where) that the reason the traffic sign recognition was disabled in Australia was that our signs don't match the European standard. Perhaps this is part of the problem, the car is missing some sign database?
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
    I have read somewhere (can't recall where) that the reason the traffic sign recognition was disabled in Australia was that our signs don't match the European standard. Perhaps this is part of the problem, the car is missing some sign database?
    +1 as it works amazingly well on Tigger's V60 Polestar.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Quote Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
    Yes, it's possible they deliberately disabled it in a more drastic way. But that is slightly out of their normal MO given how the software appears to be one set for all cars worldwide with just the custom adaptations/codings that turn things on and off as required.
    Last edited by pjam73; 18-11-2016 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast