Thread: Tracking an order

Users Country Flag

Tracking an order

Posting for a non forum using friend. He's ordered an Octavia which was originally to be delivered by end of July and then September and now end November. Is there a link where you can input the order number and see progress on build and shipping?

Thanks,
    Karl
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Yes I used one that worked for all VW group cars a few years back that you put the VIN in, but I noticed Skoda Australia have a link as well.

Track My Order | ŠKODA Australia

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Woofy, we knew about that one but it's only saying scheduled for production still. Damn dealer said they would find one in the country and a two week delivery and it's now turned into 6 months.
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    it is most likely ur friends Octavia has been impacted/delayed by the WLTP emmissions stuff.
    and more importantly - the dealer stuffed up!!!

sounds like, back then - the dealer promised ur friend that he/she will find one in the country, and have it sorted in two weeks. turns out there wasn't any, or didn't fit the bill. so the dealer places a factory order - hence the september delivery.

then the WLTP and diesel crap happened. backlogs happened. now new delivery date is november.

tis bad timing. you will not get a production build slot until all the backlog and new engine line ups are sorted and rolling again.
    november might b even optimistic because it takes 2 months alone just on the ship from europe to aus, once its been built, transported to the shipping yard, and booked a spot on a car carrier!!!

if i were ur friend, i'd cancel the order and get my deposit back.
    dealer made a false promise of 2 weeks, and now its 6 months!!
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Jondalar,
    What Dealer? The Brisbane dealer at Albion?
    They are up there being the most hopeless I feel, I had 3 deals fall over because they promised a car that wasn't available etc.
    Ending up going to Cricks at Sunny coast. All dealers the same, once they have a deposit , they don't care.

Yea, I'd be Cancelling the order or be asking for a car load of free stuff. (say ACCC a few times)
    What date is on the contract?
    Good luck!
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yeah that's the dealer. I bought mine from there but it was sitting on the showroom floor so no drama. My friend wants a specific setup and they tried to talk him into a liftback when he ordered a wagon etc. I bought my Passat Alltrack from Cricks Maroochydore and found them very good. Pretty sure the contract was signed without a delivery date...

Cheers,
    Karl