Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of trading Octavia for bigger car

Quote Originally Posted by Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi View Post
    I've got the Ocy RS Wagon and the missus a Mondeo Ecoboost hatch. The width difference in the rear size is heaps. We've got 2 booster seats in each car (4+ years) and I can sit between the kids in the Mondeo. With the Ocy forget it - there is a good 15cm difference. The Mondeo is wide enough for 3 booster seats also and just as wide as the Pajero we had. Rear legroom the Mondeo is in a different class too - a good 10cm more than the Ocy.
    Correction, the width difference between the Ocy and Mondeo in the rear seat is 8cm not 15cm, the difference though is noticeable when sitting there.

Cheers
    Octavia vRS Tractor Motor DSG Kombi

Users Country Flag
    VW Caravelle, perhaps?... Especially if its towing, you want!!
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

We had a 6 until recently and the Skoda. A mondeo won't solve your issues, we have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old. We now have a Santa fe and adults can fit ok with quite big kids seats. A mondeo isn't even close.

If anything I'd sit tight as the new Octavia will be much bigger.

was actually thinking about sorrento, Santa Fe, kluger but the drive may bore me. Been keeping a close eye on Octavia III but realistically likely to be a big changeover for a RS even in manual. May try and sit tight and prep myself to owning a commodore or falcon

Users Country Flag
    If you thinking about the Korean cars make sure you do extended test drive and read as many reviews as possible before you buy one. They don't perform that well as it looks from their advertising materials. Asking the Hyundai owners could be misleading too, because many of them jump into Hyundai from 15-20 year old cars and never even been as a passenger in Euro car.

Have you looked at a Commodore Wagon?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    May try and sit tight and prep myself to owning a commodore or falcon
    Please don't! Many years ago the Falcodore was the only solution for many Aussie families, but there are too many other options out there now to make this the default choice. And this won't help with your quality and fuel saving hopes either - let alone reliability and re-sale. Another thing to consider is if you're looking at a Commonwhore Sportwagon, the boot is no bigger than the Octy. So while people might fit, their stuff might not.
    *****CURRENTLY FOR SALE***** See Sale thread
    Candy White MY12.5 Octavia VRS TSI DSG wagon.
    Black Plasti Dipped wheels, grille surround, roof rails and badges. Lowered 20mm, torque arm insert.

I have had no problem with Hyundai (i series) they perform fine, I owned a new Honda before the Hyundai I bought then gave to my wife and the diesel hyundai is more than fine power wise, only problem compared to euro cars is the diesel noise is worse, though honestly from friends and family owning euro cars service is cheaper for the hyundai and the hyundai seems to have less problems (but that is anecdotal I guess).

Also owned a renault megaine premium most recently which performed fine but sucked fuel like it was going out of fashion and eletrics played up on occasion that said service was great at Waverly Renault.. Only reason I didn't buy the Santa Fe is I like the shape of the Octavia boot better than the santafe (which has a bigger boot but more in height than in length) plus the octavia is big enough for me whilst providing better fuel economy. Down the track I will probably get the santefe for my wife when the standard factory 5 year unlimited km warranty runs out on the i30cw slx diesel...

Users Country Flag
    Take a look at the Kia Sorento with the 2.2R CRDi!

EDIT:
    I traded a MY10 Sorento for the Octy vRS.
    I got out of the Sorento, got into the Octy and thought "This feels the same" ... Went for a test drive in the Octy, got back into the Sorento, looked around and thought "This still feels the same!" ... I don't know what that says for either Skoda or Kia, but they are both very nicely built cars!!

In saying that, the Sorento had a bit of a hard life. It went off road, it towed a caravan and a camper trailer, it did a lot of k's in a relatively short time. Never missed a beat, and the only thing I ever broke was the plastic underbody guard.
    Twice.
    But again, off roading.

INB4 "Softroader can't go offroad" - It followed a Nissan Patrol (stock TD42TI) down a huge rocky unstable hill. Would have followed it right back up again, if it weren't for the highway tyres!
    Last edited by Mysticality; 09-11-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    If you thinking about the Korean cars make sure you do extended test drive and read as many reviews as possible before you buy one. They don't perform that well as it looks from their advertising materials. Asking the Hyundai owners could be misleading too, because many of them jump into Hyundai from 15-20 year old cars and never even been as a passenger in Euro car.
    my dad has a i45 and to be perfectly honest it's a solid car a bit vanilla in the ilk of a Camry but does all that is asked. also it's is a large car compared to the true mid sizers. what I did notice is the engine has taken some time to open up. the new car was completely different to the demo and now he has approx 30k on it, it now drives like the demo. like all NA 4cyl just lacks the torque.

shame there aren't any fun large cars to drive but that is the reflection of demand or lack thereof.
    MY10 Skoda Octavia Wagon 1.8TSI DSG Anthracite Grey.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast