Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I'd like to improve on my Skoda:

Users Country Flag

Bahahahaa!
    I gotta say, I find this all a bit petty. You guys are lucky you can have a nice new car and should be a bit more grateful??

Some of you seem to just be looking for problems or "annoyances"?

The door handles don't match? Aw, bo hoo.

The seats are too flat?! Seriously, call the 'waah'mbulance!
    -1990 Mk2 GTI 5-door with AMK 20vt (260hp @ wheels)
    -Arrow/Rotax 125 TAG X1E Go Kart

Users Country Flag

Smile

Yes my feelings too golfballs , i just didn't have guts to say it , your so right .

For $40K its a well put together car , that performs right up there with similar priced cars .

Quote Originally Posted by GOLFBALLS View Post
    I gotta say, I find this all a bit petty. You guys are lucky you can have a nice new car and should be a bit more grateful??
    Erm, I think you have missed the point here - we're not complaining about our cars. Far from it in fact - if you read most of the posts you'll find that people are saying things along the lines of "all these are minor issues and don't detract from the fact I love my car".

It's like saying "butterscotch icecream is delicious, but it makes me fat" - nothing is perfect, we're just noting the little things that could be done a little bit better, I don't think any one of is rushing down to the dealers to swap the car in.

It's not that we don't appreciate what we have, just that with a few tweaks, it could be that much closer to our own ideals of what would make a perfect car.

Users Country Flag
    No, no I get it. It just seems like a bit of a cry-fest to me. I just dont understand how a thread dedicated to a bunch of grown men whining about how some velcro pants made a mark on the seat can be of any real benefit to anyone???

But hey, that's just me and my opinion. By all means carry on and i'll go mind my own biz!
    -1990 Mk2 GTI 5-door with AMK 20vt (260hp @ wheels)
    -Arrow/Rotax 125 TAG X1E Go Kart

Quote Originally Posted by selurs View Post
    [*]The auto lights can be a bit too sensitive - they've come on when going under bridges in full daylight.
    Yes I knew that I had forgotten something.
    I fail to see why when driving straight into the evening sun in a cloudless sky at 5.45 on Monday this week the auto lights came on an insisted on staying on. I mean it was so bright I had the sun visor down and was still shading my eyes with my hand.
    Very quick on very slow off.

Now on the subject of the auto wipers I think I have found the trick. The little adjuster on the top of the wiper stalk (it has a graphic that looks like a bar graph) appears to work in reverse to any other one I have used. When the adjuster is to the left (smallest graph bar) the delay between wipes is the greatest, when the adjuster is to the right (largest graph bar) the wipers wipe almost constantly. I think the graph indicates the speed of the wipers not the delay period. I now have my adjuster pushed hard left and it works perfectly for how I want.

As far as those two people carrying on about this thread well the intention is to show people who accuse this section of the forum that the inhabitants are nothing but fan boys that despite the fact that most of us enjoy our Skodas we are sensible enough to admit that they are not perfect. If you don't like it that's your problem.
    Last edited by K1W1; 31-03-2010 at 09:24 PM.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Users Country Flag
    Well, there is not such a thing like a perfect car and also people come in different shapes and sizes as well. Further more everybody has a different degree of perfection, so what is perfect for one is not acceptable by some.

Every car has its faults! Just keep the discussion civilized.

Things I'd like to improve on my Skoda:

Proper Bi-xenons (this HIDs on lo beam only business is annoying!)

Add an older style manually adjusted interval setting to the wipers (it is obviously too hard to get the auto setting to work properly in light rain)

Full size mag wheel spare (and I'm even prepared to sacrifice 20mm of height to get it).

Rear seats that fold flat easily.

6 year warranty std (not that I've had a great need for warranty so far)

Auto Dipping Passenger side mirror for parallel parking (even if it is an extra cost option, but without having to take elecric seats).

Puddle lights under exterior mirrors (other models can have it, why not the vRS ? )

AWD and Hi-po 5 cyl turbo petrol engine from the Audi TTRS (show those Golf Rs and Audi S3s a thing or two).

Green brake calipers (like the previous vRS models had - it goes with the green on the Skoda badge).

Accurate digital speedo in the MFD.

That would make a great car even better
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post

that's the spirit, thanks for that comment. I pinched your heading. Hope you don't mind!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    It all depends on which model you bought.....

Proper Bi-xenons (this HIDs on lo beam only business is annoying!)
    My Superb has these

Add an older style manually adjusted interval setting to the wipers (it is obviously too hard to get the auto setting to work properly in light rain)
    My auto wipers work flawlessly

Full size mag wheel spare (and I'm even prepared to sacrifice 20mm of height to get it).
    Yup, got one of them

Rear seats that fold flat easily.
    Maybe the estate has this - not sure

6 year warranty std (not that I've had a great need for warranty so far)
    I wish I had a wife with moderate spending habits but it ain't gonna happen

Auto Dipping Passenger side mirror for parallel parking (even if it is an extra cost option, but without having to take elecric seats).
    Yup, got one of them

Puddle lights under exterior mirrors (other models can have it, why not the vRS ? )
    Got them too

AWD and Hi-po 5 cyl turbo petrol engine from the Audi TTRS (show those Golf Rs and Audi S3s a thing or two).
    Refer to remark about wives and spending habits...

Green brake calipers (like the previous vRS models had - it goes with the green on the Skoda badge).
    Eewww, that would be a matter of taste

Accurate digital speedo in the MFD.
    Got one of them

I suppose my Skoda is better than yours? Nya nya ni nya nya
    Last edited by BlackSuperb; 01-04-2010 at 12:03 PM.

This is going ot be a short list.

1. Rear seats not going flat.
    2. Auto Wipers with a mind of their own.

The rest of it is awesome!

Also, the comments about the manual and GSG's gearbox being not great? not sure if you got the same box as me, but myn is the best manual I have driven. It keeps getting better and I am at 12000km's now. Also, my dad has the DSG vRS, and compared to any other auto I have driven, it is 10 times better. No auto's are perfect.....buy a manual if you want it to change gear at your convenience.
    MY10 Skoda Octavia vRS Wagon 2.0 TSI 6sp Man
    A250 Sport on order (impatiently waiting!)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast