Support VWWC

Thread: Stolen Wheels- anyone?

Users Country Flag

Stolen Wheels- anyone?

Octavia vRS is my first car in a while with no wheel lock nuts. So wondering if it is worth getting some.

Been ages since I even heard of someone having their wheels stolen, has anyone actually had a wheel taken in the last decade?

I know they won't stop professionals but might discourage an opportunist wheel thief.
    Happy owner of an Octavia RS

Users Country Flag
    Do it, for peace of mind. $100(?) is much cheaper than a new rim/tyre.

I grabbed some for my Kluger. Apparently the 19" rims are a sought after item. I've even had to secure the spare under the car as that's an easy grab too (poor design of winding mechanism)

MY13 Kluger KX-S AWD / MY16 Polo GTI
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

They used to include them, how much are they as a genuine option?

Users Country Flag
    A bit of an uncommon theft nowadays? Unless you have aftermarket wheels attractive to thieves.

Users Country Flag
    Probably depends where you tend to park.

I have a set of Audi locknuts if you are interested. I have no idea what they are worth. $40??
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

If it helps you sleep at night, i'd get it. If you're not too fussed, never mind.

Personally, i'd get them if i had nice wheels. I've got the stock standard boring ones, so i doubt anyone wants to steal them. hehe
    MY15 VW Golf R | White | Manual

MY15 Skoda Octavia RS 162TSI | Liftback | Race Blue | DSG | Tech Pack (w/o RVC) | +2 Years Extended WarrantySOLD

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I have the 18" black pack so they look nice enough but are not rare, car lives in a locked garage most of the time and fully insured so I really don't see a lot of point in lock nuts. Sounds like there is not a lot of theft. I guess there is always some idiot who thinks they are are valuable and worth stealing, but I wouldn't have thought there is much demand at the local cash converters for used Skoda wheels .
    Happy owner of an Octavia RS