Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stage 1 Tune for 2018 RS245

Stage 1 Tune for 2018 RS245

Any recommendations for which brand to go for or are they mostly all the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '18 MY18.5 MK3.5 Octavia vRS245
    Previous - 2015 MY16 MK7 R, 2010 MY10 R36 DSG, 2010 MK6 Golf GTI DSG // APR Stage 2, 2006 MK5 Jetta TFSI DSG // Revo Stage 2, 2006 MK5 Golf GTI Manual

Users Country Flag
    Most stage 1 tunes are much the same and will only vary by a few kilowatts and newton metres from one another.

Depending on your location in Sydney, the more important factor is choosing a tune and tuning shop that is convenient to you.

Personally, I like to DIY as much as possible, so I chose the Integrated Engineering tune which you can apply and remove at home and all you need is the cable and software that they sell. You then connect to their servers and download the tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Most stage 1 tunes are much the same and will only vary by a few kilowatts and newton metres from one another.

Depending on your location in Sydney, the more important factor is choosing a tune and tuning shop that is convenient to you.

Personally, I like to DIY as much as possible, so I chose the Integrated Engineering tune which you can apply and remove at home and all you need is the cable and software that they sell. You then connect to their servers and download the tune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Would love to go the DIY at home route. Have looked at IE tunes but can’t conclusively tell if they will work with a ŠKODA, even though it should - all references to VW/Audi only.

I reached out to one online store and the only response I got was ‘sorry it won’t’, which I find hard to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '18 MY18.5 MK3.5 Octavia vRS245
    Previous - 2015 MY16 MK7 R, 2010 MY10 R36 DSG, 2010 MK6 Golf GTI DSG // APR Stage 2, 2006 MK5 Jetta TFSI DSG // Revo Stage 2, 2006 MK5 Golf GTI Manual

Users Country Flag

Stage 1 Tune for 2018 RS245

Reach out to either Tim at DubAddiction (who i believe is the main IE dealer in Australia) or perhaps speak to VW Central. Both places are in Melbourne. But id try DubAddiction first.

Another DIY option you would try is 034Motorsports and the main dealer for them is VAGParts in Sydney.

I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t work on a Skoda…….unless something is different and because both IE and 034 are American companies they don’t get Skodas there to test on.

If that fails then try Ben from Tarmac Engineering in Brissy. He has a DIY tune option which is called SpecTune and he will definitely be able to tune a Skoda.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    1 of the best tunes available can now be done at home.

OEM+ Racingline
    Racingline PDM Power Delivery Module - Flash at Home [VWR031000] - Harding Performance

Racingline OEM Performance ECU Software - 2.0 TSI MQB IS20 - Harding Performance

This would be where I'd be spending my money.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    1 of the best tunes available can now be done at home.

OEM+ Racingline
    Racingline PDM Power Delivery Module - Flash at Home [VWR031000] - Harding Performance

Racingline OEM Performance ECU Software - 2.0 TSI MQB IS20 - Harding Performance

This would be where I'd be spending my money.
    About time another company came up with a DIY option, but holy wow the DIY dongle is pricey!! The other companies mentioned above have the dongles for $150-200.

Might be ok to grab the Racingline tune when they have a sale on.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    I would be keen to know if anyone on here has the 034 from VAG, as it is only $900 including dongle.

I know you typically get what you pay for in this world, but the next option I am looking at is almost 50% more expensive.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple_162 View Post
    I would be keen to know if anyone on here has the 034 from VAG, as it is only $900 including dongle.

I know you typically get what you pay for in this world, but the next option I am looking at is almost 50% more expensive.
    My brother has the 034 tune (engine and DSG) as well as some 034 hardware (intake etc) on his Audi S4. The engine in the S4 (supercharged 3.0L V6) is what 034 Motorsports and Integrated Engineering are best known for and have literally only recently stopped developing parts for this engine.

The hardware is excellent quality and the car rips with the new tune on it.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Thanks, that's handy to know. I'm looking at a basic Stage 1 (034 Motorsport - Skoda Octavia RS 162 TSI Tuning - Stage 1 & 2 ECU Tunes– VAGPARTS Australia) no DSG needed as I am manual.

The listing certainly talks the talk, much better than many competitors.

Users Country Flag

Note that 034 tunes are USA specific (that is where they are based) and no work is done to ensure that the tunes are compatible with Australian delivered cars (of any VAG brand) or local conditions.

These days less than 2 tunes are actually optimised by the tune developers for Australia. And no, no tuner in Australia actually tunes any car from scratch. They all use a tune file from overseas and some attempt to "customize" it to you car ... some with better results than others.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast