Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stage 1 Tune for 2018 RS245

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple_162 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I will have to look up the reasoning between the octane rating difference too.
    Relevant info under "measurement standards":

Octane rating - Wikipedia

Users Country Flag
    That's interesting. Would be keen to know exactly what engines they do the testing with.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the link. I will have to look up the reasoning between the octane rating difference too.
    Think of it in the same way as metric vs imperial. Or saying 'tires' instead of 'tyres'. Or saying 'gas' instead of 'fuel' or 'petrol'. Or saying 'a.lu.minum' instead of 'aluminium'. USA seems to like 'being different' to the rest of the world for no relevant reason.

USA 91 octane = Australian 95 RON
    USA 93 octane = Australian 98 RON (BP Ultimate / Shell V Power etc)
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    That's interesting. Would be keen to know exactly what engines they do the testing with.
    They use an engine specific to the task - nothing that is fitted to a commercially available vehicle. Testing occurs at relatively low RPM and the ignition timing can easily be varied. At the end of the day, the type of engine is largely irrelevant - it's about controlled conditions and being able to compare the knock resistance of any given fuel against a control.

Users Country Flag
    I would be keen to know if anyone on here has the 034 from VAG, as it is only $900 including dongle.

I know you typically get what you pay for in this world, but the next option I am looking at is almost 50% more expensive.
    i paid that much for a Stg 1 APR tune.

$850 for the APR Stage 1 ECU hi-torque tune.
    add another $800 for an APR TCU tune.

on the dyno it made, at the wheels, 223 kw and 530 Nm.

i have a FWD Superb with the 162TSi (220) engine, DQ250 6-spd DSG.

Stage 1 Tune for 2018 RS245-6396770_rappai-superb-apr-stage-1-jpg
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    That's fantastic. Thanks for the heads up. Also, that Superb looks......superb 😆💀

Users Country Flag

thank u.
    i'm due for another dyno run as i've recently had an Integrated Engineering FSD intercooler installed.
    in theory, that should make that power & torque curve last longer before dropping off the cliff!!

i was planning to get an IE downpipe too, but APR has ruined my Stage 2 plans because their Stg 2 files throw CEL errors.
    sux.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123