Thread: So I enabled this today, with the OBD11

Users Country Flag

So I enabled this today, with the OBD11

It's pure wank-factor, and not really sure what each display is indicating (apart from the obvious compass)... but it DOES look kinda cool on the Octy screen!

So I enabled this today, with the OBD11-offroad-display-01-jpg Press Here

So I enabled this today, with the OBD11-offroad-display-02-jpg Then Here

So I enabled this today, with the OBD11-offroad-display-03-jpg And see this

So I enabled this today, with the OBD11-offroad-display-04-jpg Pretty ain't it !!!

Each of the 3 dials can be swiped up or down, to select a different dial, but those 3 are the only options to choose.

Obviously the first is a compass - the second one is in degrees and changes slightly between small positive or negative numbers, but I haven't worked out if this is front-to-back angle, or left-to-right angle. Maximum I've seen it (from throwing around corners or a quick jiggle of the steering) is about plus/minus 5 degrees.... but driving up/down a ramp in a carpark didn't change the figures at all, so really stumped by this one.

The third I can only assume is an altimeter, but this is obviously linked in with GPS, so travelling up/down an enclosed shopping centre carpark, it didn't move at all, as it presumably couldn't get GPS signal.

But driving up Mount Coot-tha, it would appear the summit of the road is about 250m above sea-level.... but the numbers change so quickly driving along what you "think" is flat road, it's hard to believe elevations have changed as quickly as this display seems to indicate.

As mentioned, it's all wank-factor....

And yes, the interior of my car is dusty as f**k! Driving windows/sunroof open a lot of the time doesn't make for a nice clean interior!

Next post will be how I enabled it.
    Last edited by Spinifex; 19-04-2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: added some colour
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Enabled using OBD11, using VCDS instructions I found elsewhere - can't remember exactly where that was sorry, so I can't credit the original post, but if I find it again, I'll post the link for courtesy.

At first, I didn't think it had worked, as I couldn't see anything obvious on-screen or where to view it, but it's actually hidden in the "Car" button, under settings.

VCDS Instructions:

Controller 5F (Information Electrical)

10 – Adaptations
    Channel: (81) Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass: Active
    Channel: (83) Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high: Active
    Channel: (41) Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-compass_0x15: Active

And that's it!

There's a lot of other options inside that Car_Function......menu_display folder.... I haven't played around with anything else, but I suspect there may be other wanky things to enable in there, for other models.
    Presumably this adaptation, while listed where I found it as being for Superb, will probably also apply to Tiguan/Toe-rag/Kodiaq models that are "offroad" capable.

(Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

Users Country Flag
    That is cool, I wonder if in adaption 10 somewhere there is the performance monitor that the Golf GTI's have? Did you see anything when you were in there?
    MY16 Skoda Octavia vRS - Moon White Metallic, 19 Black Pack, Comfort Pack, Tech Pack, Sunroof.

Quote Originally Posted by flamey088 View Post
    ........ Did you see anything when you were in there?.......
    I did see other functions in there, but can't remember what they were.

I'll fire up the OBD11 later on and take another look around - will post up some screenshots of available functions.
    I hope the performance monitor is in there, as things like oil pressure and boost (if available) would be things I'd like to have displayed on-screen.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinifex View Post
    I did see other functions in there, but can't remember what they were.

I'll fire up the OBD11 later on and take another look around - will post up some screenshots of available functions.
    I hope the performance monitor is in there, as things like oil pressure and boost (if available) would be things I'd like to have displayed on-screen.
    If it was going to be anywhere, It would be in there.

This video I saw a few months ago gave me hope, but I couldn't find anything about how to enable it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ONcKDxA1zc
    MY16 Skoda Octavia vRS - Moon White Metallic, 19 Black Pack, Comfort Pack, Tech Pack, Sunroof.

Users Country Flag
    Deleted......
    Last edited by winchy; 19-04-2017 at 03:27 PM.

So the general consensus from various other sites online, is that the Sport HMI setting that we need to enable, to get the performance monitor working, is not an available setting for us to enable using VCDS or OBD11 - seems to be a "special" setting that is ONLY available using the genuine VW software
    FAIL!!!

You can easily follow the above-instructions to enable the same functions in CAR_Gen2_menu_display settings, but there is no setting in car_functions_BAP settings (the third step) to enable it onscreen.

Seems strange that something so simple - and obviously available in the ECU already - would have the "make it display onscreen" setting hidden, when it allows us to hack in and change so many other settings and features.

Perhaps this is something that will eventually be unlocked/made available with software updates to VCDS/OBD11, etc - but for the moment, it would appear to be dealer-only.

And it also seems to be software specific - ie NOT all MIB2 systems can get it.

Users Country Flag

THanks for that, will have to see if it works on mine.
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid