Thread: Skoda Rapid in Australia

Skoda Rapid in Australia

I've not been paying attention to this model and I completely forgot that I saw one yesterday in Skoda Gold Coast.

I remember Sean, the sales rep mentioning it had not been officially released but seeing as it was in the showroom, I guess it's not a secret to reveal it. He mentioned it in passing to show the Black Pack that had been spec-ed in the Rapid displayed in the showroom to indicate how it would look like on the Octavia RS I was looking at. It also came with a panoramic "moon?" roof which looked quite good. It wasn't a sun roof but there was a transparent (tinted) panel where the roof was so it felt more roomy inside.

It was a white wagon IIRC.

Users Country Flag
    Perth has one.

It's a hatch.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

I saw one on the weekend, looked pretty good to me

2012 Yeti 77TSI, Candy White
    ---
    ydad.com.au: musings of a dad growing up - the blog.
    cbay.com.au: photography, video, design - creations.

Users Country Flag
    Looks neat. I dare say the rear will feel roomier/brighter with the extra rear window panel.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    I actually think they look pretty good. I like the tiny wagon idea. If they had a version with the 1.4L 132kw motor, that'd be awesome.

Current Ride: Golf GTI Mk7 MY2014|DSG|Carbon Steel
    Previous Ride: Polo GTI MY2012|DSG|RNS510|Shadow Blue|Lenso GF7 18” rims
    Instagram: @lemonskin

Users Country Flag

Interesting to see them out in the wild pre-launch. Sometimes I think a RS version of it would be cool and then I realised its all based on the Polo so it wouldn't be much of a step forward for me.

Also I thought the rear hatch design was pretty cool/unique until I saw one of these on the road a while back...
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold