Thread: Skoda Octavia RS - Possible Warranty Claims/Issues - Run or buy?

Users Country Flag

Skoda Octavia RS - Possible Warranty Claims/Issues - Run or buy?

Hi All,

Unfortunaley my car was written off due to a negligent driver who decided to swerve into my parked car (due to a cockroach flying to her face apparetnly)

It was a 2016 VW Polo that I had bought for $23k new and luckily had it insured for $18k so not too out of pocket but it has been a major inconvinience sourcing a replacement due to the COVID price premiums everywhere.

I am nearly close to finalising a private deal on a 2018 Skoda RS 169TSI Sedan at $28K

Only done 31000KM
    Fully optioned out with tech and luxury pack
    Optioned with 19" Skoda XTREME anthracite alloy wheels
    The seller has to sell urgently due to buisness commitments so has priced it well below market average price (Based on carsales/gumtree)

I've had a full historical report done and there is no finance owing or previous damage.
    Mechanic has given it a thumbs up.

I've driven it and it is as pristine as 4 year old car car be but here is the issue.
    Because he said the car has hardly been used only 2 services have been performed.
    15k and 30K service (Even though it should be once every 12 months regardless of milage)

So even though it's only done 30000km, It's technically missed 3 services based on the age of the car.

Age of car since 1st registration – 56 Months

5k – Year 1 – 12 months – DONE
    30K – Year 2 – 24 months – DONE
    45K – Year 3 – 36 months
    60K – Year 4 (major service) – 48 months
    75K – Year 5

There is 6 months warranty left and I was going to buy a service pack that added a further 2 years but if he hasn't done the 3 past services in time then am I right to say all warranty is voided and useless?

Should this be a redflag to back out of the deal even if the car checks out and drives well?

Thank You

Users Country Flag

I would be getting someone VERY familiar with VW problems to look it over carefully as always suspicious of these urgent sales.

Could be something needs doing shortly and hes aware that the warranty conditions havent been met.

Then again could be OK . Similar to me Have a 19 TIg thats only done 12000km and I get miffed at 12 months services as the 45k was done a 10k.BUT at least warranty is OK whereas VW will look at yours and probably turn you down for extra service pack due to that.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan