Support VWWC

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Skoda Modifications

Hey Guys,

Loving this thread!

Just a quick intro from me and my ride. I have 2015 Skoda Octavia vRS Wagon. It’s running a stage 2 UGP tune. SMP downpipe, R600 cold air intake, CTS elbow, CTS turbo inlet, CTS tmd, eibach performance springs, res delete and single muffler delete. 216kw atw.

The last two mods were the res and muffler delete after I had done a stage 2 tune. Huge pops and bangs but I have definitely felt a performance loss Since this has been done.

Has anyone experienced this? I was going to speak with UGP to see if they need to adjust the map due to the increased exhaust flow

Welcome your feedback and comments

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VRS pops and bangs View Post
    Hey Guys,

Loving this thread!

Just a quick intro from me and my ride. I have 2015 Skoda Octavia vRS Wagon. It’s running a stage 2 UGP tune. SMP downpipe, R600 cold air intake, CTS elbow, CTS turbo inlet, CTS tmd, eibach performance springs, res delete and single muffler delete. 216kw atw.

The last two mods were the res and muffler delete after I had done a stage 2 tune. Huge pops and bangs but I have definitely felt a performance loss Since this has been done.

Has anyone experienced this? I was going to speak with UGP to see if they need to adjust the map due to the increased exhaust flow

Welcome your feedback and comments
    Have you verified this with Dyno or acceleration figures. I don't have tuned vRS so I cannot comment on that but I have done some exhaust modification.

I do notice the car 'felt' slower once the exhaust decibel has been increased (not just this car but previous car I've tinkered before), i conclude that this is due to the loss of 'urgency' sensation (noise) coming from the engine that we all felt/heard with stock exhaust, removing the muffler increases the lower frequency of the exhaust hence drowning the engine's noise.

I settled with smaller resonator + stock muffler, it still retain the urgency sensation that the engine provide. The noise it make is not the deep bass that is the norm of aftermarket exhaust but it complement the engine noise nicely. Still have some pop as well.
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI - SOLD
    2014 Race Blue Octavia RS 162TSI Combi

Check out my leather work ----> http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

Users Country Flag
    Possibly you went to big with the exhaust and lost back pressure? was this a whole system or was it just the change in muffler?

Users Country Flag
    Mr angry_kermit,

Is that reflection regarding 'too big' based on a warm fuzzy feeling or actual fact?

I understand Turbos don't need back pressure to work. It is all about exhaust pressure spinning the turbine wheel really fast, to do that it requires flow, not restrictive back pressure.

Cheers Al
    Last edited by Polo GTEye N9; 23-07-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Users Country Flag

I upgraded my screen to the 8 inch from the facelift Octavia, really happy with the results as I found the older unit a little washed out and dim. The 8 inch is just a drop in replacement, with no CP and only a very small modification to one of the plugs. Since its one of the few changes done to the interior in FL its an excellent way to freshen up the inside!

Skoda Modifications-img_5476-jpg
    Skoda Modifications-img_5479-jpg
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445