Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Skoda Modifications

Saw on briskoda a thread about someone changing the brake setup on a FL Octavia RS. Swapped the brakes from a R32 Golf straight over, big twin piston setup with 345mm discs! Apparently the same goes with the Audi S3 (8P) brakes. Straight swap!
    MY10 Occy vRS \\ GIAC Flash Tune \\ 19" VMR v713 \\ It's a Skoda. Honest.

I have modified my 2008 1.8tsi 6M as a project car.

Mods so far

Peloquin LSD

Garret gt2871r with custom welded steel exhaust manifold
    Full 3'' cutom exhaust, 200cel cat with varex muffler (3 settings- a lot of fun!)
    Forge twintercooler
    Evolution motorsport CAI
    Drift oil catch can - custom install
    Running superchip stage 2 map

VW Racing UK big brake kit 353mm slotted discs with 6 pot pistons.
    rear brakes r32 hardware with 312mm slotted discs

Whiteline swaybars and WALK kit
    Eibach pro dampers/springs

Fox r5 wheels 18 x 7.5 with Summitomo HRT Z IIIs

Recaro CS seats with side airbags and colour coded suede inserts to match beige interior.
    Skodite

Quote Originally Posted by Skodite View Post
    I have modified my 2008 1.8tsi 6M as a project car.

Mods so far

Peloquin LSD

Garret gt2871r with custom welded steel exhaust manifold
    Full 3'' cutom exhaust, 200cel cat with varex muffler (3 settings- a lot of fun!)
    Forge twintercooler
    Evolution motorsport CAI
    Drift oil catch can - custom install
    Running superchip stage 2 map

VW Racing UK big brake kit 353mm slotted discs with 6 pot pistons.
    rear brakes r32 hardware with 312mm slotted discs

Whiteline swaybars and WALK kit
    Eibach pro dampers/springs

Fox r5 wheels 18 x 7.5 with Summitomo HRT Z IIIs

Recaro CS seats with side airbags and colour coded suede inserts to match beige interior.
    Have you got any pics? You should do a topic on your build!

Just searched those seats and they are very nice!
    MY10 Occy vRS \\ GIAC Flash Tune \\ 19" VMR v713 \\ It's a Skoda. Honest.

Has it been on the dyno ?, be interesting to see what its output is.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

I am waiting to complete the project before dyno testing/tuning. Story, pics and videos will follow..

To be done: Custom built welded aluminum inlet manifold and larger injectors, new fuel line and high flow pump.
    Bosch ECU to be semi retired. My tuner is the Tasmanian agent for LINK ECUs NZ. He has persuaded and guided me through the whole process.
    The bosch will run all the instrument/canbus and the LINK will do the engine management and be able to be mapped/tuned on the fly.

LINK are still in development mode but hopefully it will available for the TSI engine in the next month or so.

I have had an earlier setup with a K04 AWE Tuning kit specifically for the TSI engine. It Gave awesome mid range punch but ran out of steam from about 5500rpm.

The garett is only running at 14psi on a mechanical boost controller until I have the ECU sorted out but it absolutely screams from 4000rpm until it redlines at 6800rpm. The mecahnical boost controller is for safety sake - I don't want an overboost/spike and detonate the engine.

My gut feeling it is peaking at 200+kw but I can't be certain. (put it this way I haven't found an sti that can stay with me!)
    Skodite

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Skodite View Post
    I have had an earlier setup with a K04 AWE Tuning kit specifically for the TSI engine. It Gave awesome mid range punch but ran out of steam from about 5500rpm.
    This sounds interesting. Do you still have it lying around the workshop?

Also, what effect did the forge twintercooler have & did you just use a Golf version?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by thejack72 View Post
    I realise we're all going to be too busy (initially) just driving our cars once we get them, and to some it's sacrilegious, but has anyone considered any modifications to their new toy yet. A few that we're considering are:

• Reversing camera - this thread over in Tiguan land looks like a winner for that one.

• Integrated headrest video screens for Jr & #2 when it arrives - does anybody know of a decent place in Sydney that manufactures them?

(OK, I'll be honest... the last one is 'me' considering, not 'us', but she's a tech-lover too so won't mind)

Is anybody else considering, or actually done, any of these?
    I have an ipad which was going to be rigged up like this, but at almost the age of 3, our daughter has now started to get car sick looking at books in the car, which she could do fine before.

I don't know about you, but back seats tend to cause that a lot of the time, and throw some moving videos in the mix and I reckon you might want to hold off and see how they go as they get older.

Brad,
    Still have the K04 kit (TSI engine only) It is almost complete minus a couple of gaskets.

I bought a twintercooler for the golf v gti/ ocatvia rs blind. Forge UK would not give me any hints about if it would fit the 1.8tsi.
    There was a picture by picture install for the RS on the Forge website and I reckoned it would fit. Just had to tin snip a little where the hoses went through but other than that it fitted perfectly.
    Skodite

Users Country Flag
    isn't the turbo & manifold integrated? (hence your current custom manifold/turbo setup)?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Not integrated but the cast manifold is specially designed by AWE tuning to work as a direct bolt on to the TSI. AWE purchase the K04 turbos off the shelf from Audi US. Apparently it is a '64' turbo as per Audi S3
    Skodite

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast