Support VWWC

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Skoda Modifications

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    Thanks. I assume that this is not relevant to the new layout for the facelift models that only have two round control buttons.
    Dunno
    I haven't had a good look at the FL models.
    Do they have an on/off switch at all? Do VWs/Audis have a similar layout? my model was the exact same layout as the Golf which has an On/Off on top & a dual zone below. Strangely, the dual zone button couldn't be activated.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Thanks.
    i downloaded the update series owners manual and it looks like they have a different control system that does have an off button.

I am really enjoying this very new TDI wagon, it's great to drive, and I am still finding little bits and pieces I did not notice before.

Rather than upgrade the car, I am intending to keep it, for quite a few years at least, and do the following upgrades every couple of years instead:

* in-dash GPS (currently bought a Garmin stuck to the windscreen)
    * reversing camera
    * new wheels - a little more sportier
    * ECU remap (still to ask insurer on impact of this)

In the short term, I am going to look for some mats for the front and the boot - any suggestions on where to go? Supercheap was mentioned earlier, anywhere else?

I also need a cigarette lighter replicator to run bits and pieces like the GPS and the CB I intend on buying soon.

I'm happy with the genuine Skoda rubber mats I got for the front (I sometimes drive wearing muddy boots), but if I was buying a rubber mat for the rear I'd probably just buy a generic one rather than the genuine Skoda one I've got (it's OK, but the fit isn't that great and it was a bit expensive).

As a tip, make sure you try the "stinky smell" test on any rubber mats BEFORE you buy, it seems some stink enough to disable an elephant when new.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    As a tip, make sure you try the "stinky smell" test on any rubber mats BEFORE you buy, it seems some stink enough to disable an elephant when new.
    They all stink.

I stuck mine out in the backyard on the kids trampoline for the day (mesh so the mat had maximum airflow around it) and the heat seemed to help it out-gas enough.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

The only mod I am thinking of for my soon to be delivered RS Wagon is having the wheels blacked out similar to the RS-P.

I think black wheels with the black paint would look quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_segr View Post
    I think black wheels with the black paint would look quite cool.
    I was thinking about doing that so I let the brake dust build up until the wheels were quite dark. I decided that I preferred them clean and silver (when they were dark they looked smaller and a bit weedy - and they are the std 18" mags). Maybe the std mags don't suit the black look (I've seen pics of other styles of mags that looked fine in black and dark grey).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah I'm not a fan of all black wheels, looks too "rat" to me and not my thing. see I dont like that look on the RS-P either, but I do like some of the after market rims that are a mix of black and alloy, a bit of contrast.
    But each person has their personal tastes - do what ya want Paul, so long as you're happy with it.

New high beam globes- Osram Night Breakers

Did the climate control off button mod, and have put in new high beam globes from Osram- Night Breakers (H1) (Osram part #s 64150NBR 448NBR) which I got in less than a week from Automotive Light Bulbs in the UK (eBay shop). Less than $40 for a lot more light!

Got the E-MFA MFD add on, still got to fit it. Hopefully this weekend.
    Tip: if you want slightly cheaper postal charges, use the American site.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast