Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skids Octavia RS AWD Launched

Users Country Flag

Skids Octavia RS AWD Launched

"Mladá Boleslav, 24 September 2015 - Shortly after introducing the new special edition Octavia RS 230, ŠKODA releases the next big name in their Octavia RS series: the powerful sports compact is now available with all-wheel drive. 4×4 drive for the Octavia RS diesel 2.0 TDI/135 kW (184 hp) in combination with six-speed DSG is available on the first markets as of now. This combination of all-wheel drive and sports performance turn the ŠKODA Octavia RS hatch and estate into an impressive performance package. The third-generation Octavia RS released in 2013 is a genuine success story, with more than 58,000 sold to date."

Happy to hear it's only Diesel and not Petrol... Would be wanting an AWD Petrol instead of my FWD Petrol!
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag
    that's awesome news.
    not so awesome is the only diesel part....boo.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, i'd be tempted to order an RS petrol wagon in AWD if they could provide one. A diesel one, no thanks (I dont do enough k's and lots of short trips)

DSG only? another downer.
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Ahh, I've had one for 3 years. Old news. (sorta, kinda)
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Please explain...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgti View Post
    Please explain...
    If you read the spec of his upgraded Mk2 4x4 then there are some comparable figures (sorta, kinda)

Yes, and I've just gone and got some hoony 18" wheels curtesy of eBay 15% off (my back is going to be sorry I reckon).

For those that don't know, in 2007-8 you could get a standard diesel Octavia (103Kw/320Nm) with 4x4. Add on the 'improvements' I have done (in my signature) and you get pretty close to an AWD RS. Just not lowered. No sports seats (I found the RS seats too hard anyway).
    Last edited by wfdTamar; 29-09-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

You could also get a petrol AWD in that same time period. I think I only know of one that was ordered. Once the Scout came out that all ended but overseas they still had the option.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    You could also get a petrol AWD in that same time period. I think I only know of one that was ordered. Once the Scout came out that all ended but overseas they still had the option.
    Which engine? The non-turbo FSI?

I don't recall any manual turbo-petrol AWD being available - I would have ordered it.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Nope I was getting mixed up, people were hoping we would get them but never happened. The dealer I bought from was hoping to get them as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast