Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HPRS230 View Post
    Yea that link is what I'm talking about.
    Yea I'm due for tyres, looking around tbh.

The FK510 might be the go

Skoda RS230
    I had Falken Azenis FK510's on my Lexus IS-F which i just recently sold. I was happy with those tyres, they grip well, have low noise and are well priced. They have a nice looking sidewall too but the tread pattern does not look aggressive.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Hey Lucas_R,
    Cheers for the feedback, yea I not keen on spending heaps
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

The Grey Ghost now Stops, turns and puts power down again. Falken FK510 now on the car 235/35/19 fit perfectly. Will drive for a while but initial thoughts coming from a 2015 P zero's are out of this world lol.

Skoda RS230
    Last edited by HPRS230; 07-03-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

New rear pads today, found that the rear rotor minimum spec is 8mm, and have about 10mm after 3years. Pads have done well....
    Went with stock rear pads as the rotors were still in spec, was looking at T2 and FP2 set up, but thought I'd save the cash.

Car is 3 years old (to us) on the 10th, how time flys aye!!!

Skoda RS230
    Last edited by HPRS230; 07-12-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Saturday service

My 6 months service is mainly a oil change, but Ive also done:
    Changed back to stock air filter to clean the foam one
    Re adjusted my shift cables (manual box)
    Re oiled DVX BOV plunger
    washed air intake plastics
    Bleed clutch and brakes
    Last edited by HPRS230; 08-03-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Managed to find time to clean the foam air filter, dry it and re spray it, installed last night ready for happy laps this morning.

Sessions now have a speed limit down the main straight, so the oil temp never got over 110.

This afternoon re bleed the brakes just to get the pedal back after half an hour of hard stopping.

The FK510 tyres worked well and was very happy with the grip they had, started the pressures alike to low so took a while to come up, but we're stable around the 38psi mark.

Got some bits coming so look out for that soon

Skoda RS230
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Users Country Flag
    hi mate, I just noticed you have exhaust wrap and turbo blanket fitted. have you checked the temps to see if it made any noticeable difference?

I'm struggling with high oil temps at the moment and looking for solutions but I think an oil cooler will be inevitable...

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    hi mate, I just noticed you have exhaust wrap and turbo blanket fitted. have you checked the temps to see if it made any noticeable difference?

I'm struggling with high oil temps at the moment and looking for solutions but I think an oil cooler will be inevitable...
    Hey Bud, I did a few things at once so can't say exactly what brought oil temp down. I sit around 110 where as I was up around the 115 on the motor way cruising.
    That was the grill cut out, oil housing cooler, wrap and turbo blanket.

Yea a couple have done the racing line oil cooler with reasonable success, but even 1 guy still has high temp and he has the steal oil pan with larger capacity.

Hopefully that helps (maybe)

Skoda RS230
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Let's see how long I can get with a dieing battery... Rather not buy a new battery in winter/lock down conditions...
    All Ctek'd up now.
    Went with the CT5 so the Mrs can plug it in and can't charge in the wrong mode, but a people on Skodamodderz said the MXS5 was also Stop/Start ok.
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-2-jpg SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline-1-jpg
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Users Country Flag

Chargers are suited to some or many types of battery construction (AGM, Gel, Ect). Charger won’t care if the car has stop/start.
    Just need to make sure the charger does that type. Most of the new CTEK do a variety so should be fine.

Just had to replace mine after 4 years. I drove to the shops fine. Wouldn’t start when I went to leave. Lucky super cheap was next door so I got a small jump pack.

Tried to charge it when I got home but it would say charged after 5 minutes. Got out the tester and it had Dropped 2 cells. No warning at all.

Because I tried to start it when it was really flat it induced so many fault codes. Had to clear them after the new battery. Take it for a spin then clear the rest.

I’d get a new one before it goes in a big way. You will have to do the coding once It’s changed as well.
    Last edited by LunchboxVRS; 29-05-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast